DVDVR Message Board

Intense episode with a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too convenient ending. At least Javadi stayed true to his character and waxed that guy without even a blink. And that brings to mind something else: THIS IS THE GUY SAUL TRUSTS TO PUT IRAN IN MURICA'S POCKET? How the fuck does Saul even have a job? He's trusting that a shellshocked, quasi-terrorist, former Marine, former Heroin addict, and guy who would rather be dead, along with an Iranian intelligence agent who stole from his own government, is a complete savage, and not trust worthy in the least, will be the ones to overthrow Iran.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

This show is really, really good at putting you in the moment and just really horrible when it comes to the overall plot developments.  The firefight at the border and the scenes with Brody and the CIA guys were gripping TV.  

Carrie trying to convince the other CIA chick to put her family at risk, to save fucking Brody of all people, is probably the best heel character moment in this shows entire run.  No clue if that's what they were going for, though.  What a cunt.

Hopefully those of you who are watching Homeland live are sticking around for Masters of Sex, because it's a far superior show at this point.  Let's hope Showtime stays the hell out of it's own way with that one.

Yeah, if you can get past how utterly nonsensical the actual plots have been, the past two episodes have been perfectly fine as action/suspense TV.

Saul's whole plan is only slightly more well thought out than the Governor's on WALKING DEAD.

I like how you could have pretty much replaced every single shot of Carrie in the second half with one of two images:  Carrie crying and Carrie crying then smiling.  And I'm not 100% sure they didn't do that in the first place.

Carrie trying to convince the other CIA chick to put her family at risk, to save fucking Brody of all people, is probably the best heel character moment in this shows entire run.  No clue if that's what they were going for, though.  What a cunt.

Clearly Carrie is a Jedi.  Every time she asks someone to do something they don't want to do, they scold her for even daring to ask it and act like it is the most terrible thing they could possibly do, then she asks again all whiny, and they just give in and do it.  EVERY. TIME. 

EDIT:  Except when they shot her.  Greatest Homeland moment ever.

• Like 1

There may well be neighborhoods in Tehran where it would be realistic, but I still was annoyed by the "Hey everybody!  Here's the guy who killed a bunch of Americans!  Yaaaay!" scene.

And the Senator saying "She wouldn't DARE!" about Carrie not following orders was such an eye-roller.

It's always funny to me to see Morena Baccarin's name in the credits.  They've given her practically nothing to do all season.  Not that I wanted to see more of the Brody Family...  Are they going to be brought back for another season? 

Not that it matters.  I'll go ahead and watch the season finale, but that'll probably be it for me.  For the first few episodes, I had some hope they were getting things back on track, but ever since the "It was all Saul's plan" reveal, it's been crap.

It's always funny to me to see Morena Baccarin's name in the credits.  They've given her practically nothing to do all season.  Not that I wanted to see more of the Brody Family...  Are they going to be brought back for another season? 

I'd guess Morena Baccarin was pregnant when they shot this season, so they probably wanted to limit her screen time.  I'm not how far in advance they shoot cable series (for network shows, they start shooting in mid-summer and lead time is usually 6-8 weeks or so), but Baccarin gave birth in October, so she's been pregnant most of the year.

I'm going to finish the season, but Homeland may not get DVR'ed next season.

Okay, guys. THIS IS IT. There's no way Brody gets out of that office alive. No fucking way.

This show has been ridiculous all season, you think it suddenly stops now? 

Something happens to make us think he's dead in the next episode.  He comes back in season 4 anyway, because it was all part of Carrie's secret plan.  Book it.

I also loved the Homeland AIDS test:

"Do you have AIDS?"  "No."  "Have you been tested?"  "This line of questioning is ridiculous!"  "Okay, I guess you don't."

And the Senator saying "She wouldn't DARE!" about Carrie not following orders was such an eye-roller.

It really is absurd that the CIA will have anything to do with Carrie after all the shit she's pulled.

That's what I liked about the end of season 1. How realistic it was. Carrie, following her firing and total nervous breakdown, broaches the subject to Saul of whether she can potentially come back, and he tells her, emphatically, no. Because, you know, it's the CIA and they have high fucking standards.

• Like 2

After season 1 we all said they needed to kill Brody and focus on the relationship between Saul and Carrie.  Now?  Now the show should focus on Saul trying to catch Brody.  Kill Carrie, leave her in an Iranian prison or do fucking anything else. 

There is no way she could go back to the CIA, but I've been saying that for a long time and she just keeps showing up to work! 

It really is absurd that the CIA will have anything to do with Carrie after all the shit she's pulled.

That's what I liked about the end of season 1. How realistic it was. Carrie, following her firing and total nervous breakdown, broaches the subject to Saul of whether she can potentially come back, and he tells her, emphatically, no. Because, you know, it's the CIA and they have high fucking standards.

Yeah, let's see, she's had a nervous breakdown and been fired, had her romantic involvement with the number one terrorist in the world MADE PUBLIC, and almost botched an operation so badly, the CIA was forced to shoot her.  And they STILL fucking send her to Iran to watch Brody? 

The only way any of this is going to make sense is if Saul has been with the terrorists all along and keeps making these idiotic decisions to bring the whole country down.  Which the more ludicrous the show gets, the more possible I see that being.

After season 1 we all said they needed to kill Brody and focus on the relationship between Saul and Carrie.  Now?  Now the show should focus on Saul trying to catch Brody.  Kill Carrie, leave her in an Iranian prison or do fucking anything else. 

There is no way she could go back to the CIA, but I've been saying that for a long time and she just keeps showing up to work! 

Carrie is Milton from Office Space. At some point, someone is going to check the records and send her and her red stapler packing.

• Like 3