DVDVR Message Board

Man, I better not hear any bullshit about how this week's episode was boring or something.  Because that was an outstanding hour of television. 

An entire hour about what it means to be dehumanized by being "in the system" (whether its the criminal justice system, the VA system, the mental health system, or some off-the-grid system like the slum system).  Powerless, forced to conform to the point of surrendering rationality, and ultimately with no means to fight, flee, or reason your way out.

"There is no next place" refers to so many different ways that we house, incarcerate, and disappear people we don't want around.  I think it's magnificent that they could take an hour off from "moving the story" to just contemplate how these two characters end up in the system like that and use it to force us to deal with the idea.

Brilliant.

I like your take on it, but I think it's hurt a bit by the fact that we know there almost certainly will be a way out for both Carrie and Brody.

I'm with this guy. At some point there's going to be the huge reveal that Saul is this mega terrorist and it's going to be amazing. What would really solidify that moment is if Carrie was the one to find out and he either blew her brains out or caused her to be put into a vegetative state in the psych ward.

Actually, I revise my previous ending. Saul murders Dana and the rest of Brody's family in front of him, then caps Carrie, and then Brody gets committed while the show comes down to super terrorist Saul vs Quinn.

• Like 1

I'm with this guy. At some point there's going to be the huge reveal that Saul is this mega terrorist and it's going to be amazing. What would really solidify that moment is if Carrie was the one to find out and he either blew her brains out or caused her to be put into a vegetative state in the psych ward.

Okay, if Homeland ends with Saul ending the world with Carrie trying to stop him, but she was too busy to do it because she saw Brody and had to have sex with him, then THAT would make this all worth it.  Because literally, that seems to be the only two things this show cares about: destruction and Carrie getting laid.  In reverse order.

I also want that magic hoodie Brody got that apparently makes him invisible to everybody.  He wandered off alone, and there were guns within 50 feet.  He popped that hoodie and...."who IS that random stranger?????"

Okay, if Homeland ends with Saul ending the world with Carrie trying to stop him, but she was too busy to do it because she saw Brody and had to have sex with him, then THAT would make this all worth it.  Because literally, that seems to be the only two things this show cares about: destruction and Carrie getting laid.  In reverse order.

I also want that magic hoodie Brody got that apparently makes him invisible to everybody.  He wandered off alone, and there were guns within 50 feet.  He popped that hoodie and...."who IS that random stranger?????"

Clearly you are not a fan of Splinter Cell.

Well then

Dick Cheney’s heart problems are well known.

What isn’t widely known is that the former vice president had the wireless feature of his implanted defibrillator disabled so nobody could attempt to assassinate him by hacking into the device.

During a “60 Minutes” interview with Dr. Sanjay Gupta scheduled to air on CBS this Sunday, Cheney said his cardiologist feared a terrorist could send a signal to the device to make him go into cardiac arrest.

“And it seemed to me to be a bad idea for the vice president to have a device that maybe somebody on a rope line or in the next hotel room or downstairs might be able to get into— hack into,” Dr. Jonathan Reiner said, according to the show’s transcript. “And I worried that someone could kill you.”

During the interview Cheney reveals that he watched an episode of Showtime’s “Homeland” last year in which a terrorist kills the vice president by sending a fatal signal to his cardiac implant.

“Because I know from the experience we had and the necessity for adjusting my own device that it was an accurate portrayal of what was possible,” the former vice president said.

• Like 1

Clearly a credible threat from the mind of a very reliable source on enemy capabilities.

THANK GOD NOTHING HAPPENED!

Who knows what foreign policy missteps our enemies might have been able to lure us into whithout his steady hand at the helm!!???

• Like 1

Goddman fucking plottwist motherfuckers.

I was really enjoying the long-term idea tht Carrie's character arc was from being a person with the power of huge institutions behind her who manipulated desperate, cornered little people into getting what she needed and not caring about what happened to them

to

Carrie being a desperate, cornered little person being manipulated by people with the power of huge institutions behind them into getting what they want...and then somehow working her way out of ti.

But no....PLOT SANTA CLAUS IS HERE WITH A PRESENT!!!! EVERYTHING YOU SAW THE LAST THREE WEEKS WAS ONLY A PLOT THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN NOT A PLOT THAT WILL BE....THANKS TO PLOT SANTA CLAUS!!!!!!!

MERRY SAULMAS, EVERYBODY!!! HAPPY HANNUSAUL!!!!  HAVE A BLESSED SAULMADAN!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Don't even get me started on the daughter.  They had what was actually a perfectly good story about two kids who both feel guilty over something that wasn't their fault, and who are both being "helped" to death by their families and by people who maybe secretly or not so secretly blame them, going on a road trip to deal with shit.

That, in itself, is fine. Almost reasonable, you know?  Throw some money at Gus Van Sant and you've got yourself something there.

But, nope.  We've got to add "Is he a killer????? ZOMG!!!!??? What is going to happen to these two characters that nobody cares about?????  WILL WE LEARN THE TRUTH NEXT WEEK???????"

• Like 2