DVDVR Message Board

Well the male Brody kid was fine because he was barely in the show. But they got a big dick about all the love Dana got in season one and decided to give her way too much in season 2. Mad Men almost did the same thing with Sally Draper but they didn't go all in like Homeland.

The Americans kids have been used well. The boy is very much what you would expect from someone his age in that time period without making him look useless like the kid in Homeland. The daughter has been effective as well and I don't think they'll screw it up next season but that's mostly because I have a lot of faith in the folks running The Americans even if the Emmy people don't know the show exists.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Since I don't get Showtime, I was wondering if or how they deal with James Rebhorn's passing.

So far, pretty much not at all.  Carrie's sister is taking care of Carrie's newborn and had a throwaway line about how "dad's not helping out with the baby as much as you assumed he would" but that was it.

Also: Duck from Mad Men shows up.

• 4 weeks later...

Im one episode behind you guys in the US but im completely hooked this season. Its the best season so far IMO.

For some reason I can see one of the big 4 characters (Saul,Carrie,Quinn,Lockhart) getting killed off to wrap up this season.

• 3 weeks later...

I binge watched the entire season over the past two days.

Really great season, much better than the second and third. The finale seemed like a bit of a kick in the balls, though - that's it? No giant payoff to the story arc? I'm interested in what happens with season five, but I think the season ended slowly after being so fast-paced over most of the prior 11 episodes.

The finale felt like a filler episode. It felt like it was setting up for a finale next week, rather than itself being the actual finale. Rest of the season was quality and the best top to bottom season since the first.

• 8 months later...