DVDVR Message Board

(NXT) July 4, 2018

Greggulator

I love Johnny in the ring but haven't been too big a fan of his mic-work. But this is an awesome promo. I love how it's set up outside in the dark, which ties into the whole story they're telling here wonderfully.

The EC3 vs. Gargano match was really great stuff. I loved how it unfolded with Johnny going into a part of himself that no one knew existed -- has he become what he hates? I loved EC3 at the beginning telling him to settle down. Great touch since EC3 is sort of feeling out right now if he's a heel or a face. (Since he's on paper a rich jerk but he's getting great responses from the crowd who know him already and he's a really funny dude.) Johnny being extra vicious at the end and using the DDT that Tomasso used to beat him for the finale was a great character moment. A+.

Loved how it also set up Velveteen Dream vs EC3. Dream is also in the "Is he a heel or face?" spot right now. Deservedly so because everything about him is so awesome. Dijak is a really good bully type. I love how much smack talk he does. Dream shooshing him was fantastic. I loved how Dream won. Dijak was bigger and in control, but Dream's a great opportunist. The steel steps spot looked really nasty. Dream relishing in the spotlight until EC3's entrance was a great build onto their burgeoning rivalry. 

The Mighty vs. Dozer was a perfect match for what it was supposed to do. The Mighty are great sniveling heels. Dozer looked like a beast but succumbed to the numbers at the end. Shayna's live promo was much better than her last time out. Good taped bit from Bianca. 

Great episode.

• Like 2

Love all the building they are doing with the women to pick Shayna's next challenger. More and more though I'm thinking Shayna makes it past Brooklyn and loses to the MYC2 winner (at least if its Io).

I continue to dig the Mighty. The match with Dozer was perfect.

Dream/Dijak was good fun and away better showing for Dijak than his match with Riccochet. I like that the UK tournament stuff is actually leading to a proper Dream/EC3. I do hope that if that happens in Brooklyn then Dram actually wins it. He needs a big victory.

Gargano/EC3 was good and the best EC3 has looked so far in NXT. Loved the darker side of Gargano showing and that interview Greg posted was great stuff. The only disappointment I have is that it almost certainly means we aren't getting Ciampa as champ. Ciampa gettign his challenge o NXT makes it even more obvious.

Let's see. Dozer is a fucking Star, Dream is a Star,  and everything Gargano/ Ciampa is top knotch. I love this show. I've come around on Black as far as his matches go. He's great. But there are also great guys with personalities there that jump off the screen now. And I like the juxtaposition. Cause Black used to have the personality of a wet mop, but he's getting better. 

And DOZERMANIA is gonna run wild. 

• Like 1

I wish they hadn't changed The Mighty's gear to the black and white long tights as they seem too generic with a overused color sceme.  I think the blue and red was a better look for the pair.

I feel like Heavy Machinery will get more focus on the main roster for some reason.  They strike me as a Vince-style project and a better fit there than in the NXT super indy federation.

1 hour ago, Goodear said:

I feel like Heavy Machinery will get more focus on the main roster for some reason.  They strike me as a Vince-style project and a better fit there than in the NXT super indy federation.

Vince will love them, but you just know he's going to play up the "they eat a lot" gimmick way too much.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Goodear said:

I wish they hadn't changed The Mighty's gear to the black and white long tights as they seem too generic with a overused color sceme.  I think the blue and red was a better look for the pair.

I actually prefer the current gear. They look more like a team and its fits the heel turn better.