DVDVR Message Board

YES IS BYCK - SDL - 7/3/2018

Dolfan in NYC

I thought the spoiler tag and NSFW would tip people off that it's not something pleasant. I kind of assumed a good chunk of the board are also horror aficionados that are familiar with Audition.

• Like 1

NSFW being used for gore is almost ALWAYS misleading.  It should really only be done for sex/nudity.

Who gets in trouble for looking at bloody pictures at work?  What kinda police state do you live in?

14 minutes ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

NSFW being used for gore is almost ALWAYS misleading.  It should really only be done for sex/nudity.

Who gets in trouble for looking at bloody pictures at work?  What kinda police state do you live in?

I would think most jobs wouldn't be thrilled with gory movies being watched on company computers on company time. Maybe it's just my experience in the ultra-professional funeral field.

Anyway, I think I covered all my bases with the spolier tag, NSFW, and a watch at your own risk warning.

19 hours ago, RIShane said:

Completely agree, but WWE is determined to push Carmella even though she's not really there yet. Its like when people say they wish Asuka won at Mania. I get that, but given WWE's plans it would have just been Asuka jobbing to Carmella two nights later and ending the streak that way instead.

I still think it would've been better that way. Charlotte ending the streak did nothing for her while Carmella ending the streak via cash in at least would've led to her run here. Everything else could've played out exactly the same for the most part. Asuka beats Charlotte, Carmella cashes in on Asuka. Asuka still goes away for a few while Carmella still beats Charlotte at Backlash like she did...  just takes away the ridiculousness of Charlotte ending Asuka's streak and then just losing to Carmella and Becky clean after like nothing. then it ends up here with Asuka out for revenge without the meaningless submission loss suffered, would also skip the tag team loss that went nowhere as ever since then Peyton and Billie have lost every time which sucks. I do think Asuka will end Carmella's reign at Extreme Rules, with Becky getting the next shot either way.

18 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Was it just me, or did Shinsuke growl at the end of his promo? Inside joke there?

Thought that as well lol.

13 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I had to look that up. I figured it meant “not safe for lunch.” :)

For people with weak stomachs, it probably isn't safe for lunch. Now me, I've eaten meals while watching clips of Jim Bakker extolling the virtues of his apocalypse food buckets. My gut is like the Big Show's contract: Ironclad. 

Only part of this show I watched were the Team Hell No bits. Continues to fill my heart with joy seeing Bryan back in the ring, but this tag run feels like a way to get people clamouring again about how underused he is. If they can keep him away from world title contention until the Rumble, we may be able to re-bottle some of that lightening. 

I'm not sure if Kane sticks around long enough to feud with Bryan. Doesn't candidate Jacobs need to get back to the great libertarian crusade against traffic lights? 

Bryan still hasn't re-signed yet, which probably explains the relative lack of push. I know the general consensus was that he'd only let his contract run out if WWE didn't clear him... but they have, and yet. Maybe he wants to leverage a better deal by waiting, and making it seem like he really would leave (or maybe he really does want to go jaunt around Mexico and Japan one more time, before his prime years are up).

Bryan is still too valuable for them to allow that. Bryan is a bigger draw than Jericho right now. I think if he leaves he'd be welcomed back whenever he wanted but WWE probably wants to do everything they can to keep him from working NJPW, but I'd love to see Bryan/Okada at WK this January. 

Looking at that interview posted in the general discussion yesterday I wouldn't be surprised if Bryan is trying to negotiate for less dates and maybe just generally more control of his schedule. He mentioned how much missing the family stuff does hurt his heart with Birdy being there now.

On 7/3/2018 at 9:22 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That should have been one knockout blow from Asuka and the pinfall. This shit isn't that hard. 

Ellsworth hung with the current World Champion who nearly beat the Universal Champion. Ellsworth should have never been beaten by a woman. 

Kane saying he loved Bryan like a brother and Bryan pointing out he set his brother on fire was a highlight. 

4 hours ago, Victator said:

Ellsworth hung with the current World Champion who nearly beat the Universal Champion. Ellsworth should have never been beaten by a woman. 

Ellsworth hanging with the current world champion shows how god-like AJ Styles in the ring. AJ is on a prime Ric Flair level of being able to carry a broomstick to a good match. A comedy character like Ellsworth should have never been wrestling the world champion anyway. WWE had something kind of funny with Ellsworth being a thorn in Braun's side, but like always, they don't see when the gimmick has jumped the shark. 

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ellsworth hanging with the current world champion shows how god-like AJ Styles in the ring. AJ is on a prime Ric Flair level of being able to carry a broomstick to a good match. A comedy character like Ellsworth should have never been wrestling the world champion anyway. WWE had something kind of funny with Ellsworth being a thorn in Braun's side, but like always, they doesn't see when the gimmick has jumped the shark. 

Well that is fine to say after the fact. That said, WWE writers can't remember two months ago, much less two years.