DVDVR Message Board

YES IS BYCK - SDL - 7/3/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Ima laugh so hard when Kane turns on Bryan at the end of the tag match. 

Also, Daniel Bryan cannot ever have a good shirt.  It's like a rule of the universe. 

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to YES IS BYCK - SDL - 7/3/2018

Yeah, make Asuka look like a fool again. That should have been one knockout blow from Asuka and the pinfall. This shit isn't that hard. 

I liked the Sanity attack. I love Alexander Wolfe throwing windmills and spinkicks in the ring. It takes me back to my days going to hardcore shows.

The Bludgeon Brothers are great. They finally have the stench of shit booking with the Wyatt's off of them. I love seeing them close out the show. I don't think they're dropping the belts. I'm thinking Miz screws Hell No over to keep the Bryan feud going. 

• Like 4

Sanity/New Day is such an easy rivalry to do I'm surprised it took them this long. That should be a dynamite match too.

It's fun seeing Team Hell No together again if only because you know Daniel and Glen are having fun doing it. But again, I'm looking forward to their match with the Bludgeons, so that's two for two.

Becky's on a streak which is great but the rest of women's division is lagging hard. Eddie's right, Asuka should be murderizing Ellsworth and Carmella at the same time. They're booking her like she's confounded by the dumbest heel tactics which makes her look really stupid. And the Iconics do nothing for me so far.

Not sure about Miz losing to Jeff Hardy, but it's a real whatevs at this point.

36 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yeah, make Asuka look like a fool again. That should have been one knockout blow from Asuka and the pinfall. This shit isn't that hard. 

I liked the Sanity attack. I love Alexander Wolfe throwing windmills and spinkicks in the ring. It takes me back to my days going to hardcore shows.

The Bludgeon Brothers are great. They finally have the stench of shit booking with the Wyatt's off of them. I love seeing them close out the show. I don't think they're dropping the belts. I'm thinking Miz screws Hell No over to keep the Bryan feud going. 

The Asuka booking is very frustrating. I get they're trying to prop up Carmella's title reign (and it needs the help), but its not working and its making Asuka look bad too.  I'm sympathetic because I know most of the roster just got back from Japan/Taipei, but it was a pretty underwhelming episode on the whole. I'm not complaining about the Becky streak cause its nice to see her getting wins, but her match with Peyton was pretty mediocre.

I loved the idea that Daniel Bryan has detailed lists of EVERYONE that has ever slighted him in anyway.

In another generation, Ellsworth would have been such a heat magnet for a stable. People would pay money to see him have to spend 5 mins in the ring with the guy that beat his guy.

56 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Sanity/New Day is such an easy rivalry to do I'm surprised it took them this long. That should be a dynamite match too.

It's fun seeing Team Hell No together again if only because you know Daniel and Glen are having fun doing it. But again, I'm looking forward to their match with the Bludgeons, so that's two for two.

Becky's on a streak which is great but the rest of women's division is lagging hard. Eddie's right, Asuka should be murderizing Ellsworth and Carmella at the same time. They're booking her like she's confounded by the dumbest heel tactics which makes her look really stupid. And the Iconics do nothing for me so far.

Not sure about Miz losing to Jeff Hardy, but it's a real whatevs at this point.

Nope.

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, RIShane said:

The Asuka booking is very frustrating. I get they're trying to prop up Carmella's title reign 

The best way to prop up the Carmella title reign would have been not to give her one. They didn't have to give her the title win just because Corbin said something stupid on Twitter and got punished for it with his MITB cash-in attempt. The front office clearly had no problem having both Royal Rumble winners lose at WM. Why is MITB more protected than winning the Royal Rumble?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The best way to prop up the Carmella title reign would have been not to give her one. They didn't have to give her the title win just because Corbin said something stupid on Twitter and got punished for it with his MITB cash-in attempt. The front office clearly had no problem having both Royal Rumble winners lose at WM. 

Completely agree, but WWE is determined to push Carmella even though she's not really there yet. Its like when people say they wish Asuka won at Mania. I get that, but given WWE's plans it would have just been Asuka jobbing to Carmella two nights later and ending the streak that way instead.

The best use of Carmella is as a valet. Not everybody is a going to make it as a wrestler, and not everyone needs to be a full time wrestler. Carmella and Enzo should have been the entourage for Cass. The big guido, his obnoxious girlfriend, and his even more obnoxious best friend would have worked better than how it turned out.

• Like 2

I thought the stuff with Asuka and Ellsworth was fine until the dumb ending. A quick ko by Asuka still would have been much better and made more sense.

I wasn't really all there mentally for Jeff/Miz though I liked the bits I paid attention to.

Hope this current streak for Becky actually leads somewhere.

I dug the Team Hell No bits. Bryan's list of Kane's wrongs was wonderful, and I wish we got to hear just a few more before it ended.A brown out caused me to miss the opening of Usos/Hell No, but I liked the rest shown after commercials. I'm looking forward to the BB match though I really hope BB retain.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

The cherry on top being "you set your brother on fire" was the best. 

If only it wasn't HHH in a Kane mask, then the cherry would have been "You fucked a corpse". 

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The best use of Carmella is as a valet. Not everybody is a going to make it as a wrestler, and not everyone needs to be a full time wrestler. Carmella and Enzo should have been the entourage for Cass. The big guido, his obnoxious girlfriend, and his even more obnoxious best friend would have worked better than how it turned out.

My thought is that if she's still champion by Summerslam (which is looking more possible), they'll likely have to do a multi-woman match just to book around her limitations, sorta like the three-way match she had at Tribute to the Troops last year with Charlotte and Ruby. She didn't have to do any heavy lifting there (literally--there's a spot where Charlotte suplexes both her and Ruby at once), but she was fine enough.

What are the odds on this feud ending when Asuka goes on a pilgrimage to find and recruit the undefeated and original intergender champion, long thought dead but secretly living in Borneo, Andy Kaufman?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I guess Joe vs. Tye next week

Update the Tye on TV counter!

Tye should have accpted Truth's offer. The name had to be The Perfect Truth. Give them the X-Files gimmick and their catchphrase, the truth is out there.

Instead, cue up the "Joe's gonna kill you chants" for Tye...unless Truth can help Tye get out of the match, coming up with a Dillinger Escape Plan.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

What are the odds on this feud ending when Asuka goes on a pilgrimage to find and recruit the undefeated and original intergender champion, long thought dead but secretly living in Borneo, Andy Kaufman?

Screw that. Asuka needs to get so fed up with Ellsworth she just goes full Audition on him. Not pleasant, so watch at your own risk.

Definitely NSFW

Spoiler

• Like 1