DVDVR Message Board

RAW Is Dr. Diminishing Returns - 7/2/2018

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't think it's intentional sexism, but it makes Angle come off as such because it's literally what's happening on the screen.

This. Turns and grudges happen all the time, and yet instead of letting them settle it the ring, it’s “Hey you two, out of the ring and off to counseling you go.”

[fantasy booking]Now they could save this angle by revealing that Angle knew that Rousey has the rest of her Horsewomen training at the PC, so he wants the WWE Horsewomen at their best and on the same page for when the Rowdy Horsewomen invade, hence the counseling.[/fantasy booking]

2 hours ago, Goodear said:

Nakamura also proved to be super uneven and lazy as the day is long.  I love the narrative that he should be rewarded for that with World Title reigns in order to motivate him.

This isn’t a new critique of him, as it’s one I specifically remember coming up in previous March Madnesses (Madnessi?).

• Like 1

Sure sometimes a change of scenery will help a guy find a grove with the correct combination of outside forces.  This was not the case with Nakamura.

Also he is tasty to the puppies.

• Haha 1

Angle taking such an interest in Bayley-Sasha is weird.  I half-expect him to be outed as one of those creepers who comes to your rescue when you're harassed by a stalker, then starts dating you and eventually ties you up in your bathtub and tells you he's the stalker.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Player One said:

Angle taking such an interest in Bayley-Sasha is weird.  I half-expect him to be outed as one of those creepers who comes to your rescue when you're harassed by a stalker, then starts dating you and eventually ties you up in your bathtub and tells you he's the stalker.

If ever we needed the Hobo Kurt in TNA creepy grinning gif, it's now.

13 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Dr. Shelby stuff was irritating because they promised a therapy session and we got like maybe one segment with a few lines.  

Are you saying that the problem with the therapy segment...is that there wasn't enough of it?

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

He's a shitty architect ; )

Maybe he's actually clever? If we burn it down, presumably we'll need to build a new one, so more work for architects.

Edited by tbarrie
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, MonteCarl said:

Ticket sales for Extreme Rules must be pretty poor if Ronda is able to buy herself a front row ticket this close to the show.

Have you seen the prices of front row tickets at WWE PPVs? 

10 hours ago, OSJ said:

Actually, it's funny now that you bring it up, but at that point in time (just before Nak's debut on the main roster), I'd have a helluva hard time saying who the most popular wrestler in the world was. Wasn't anyone from Japan, though Okada would be in the conversation, wouldn't have been Daniel Bryan, he was still on the shelf, do we defer back to Cena or do we just say that wrestling fandom was so fragmented that there wasn't a clear #1 then. Even more interestingly, is there a clear #1 now?

Cena and Styles would be decent shouts at that point. I'm not going to count Goldberg or Taker for obvious reasons. Fragmented fandom has a strong case. Since then, Rollins has raised his stock, but he's still not a clear #1. 

I liked what we got of Morgan/Moon. Is Liv Morgan the first example of a wrestler looking better on the Main Roster than they did in NXT? Hope Ruby isn't out for long.

This Nia/Alexa stuff is not nearly as fun as their Mania lead up. 

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Rusev didn't spend long in NXT and almost immediately started making main roster Jack Swagger matches awesome. He wins. 

Wasn't he in FCW before it became NXT?