DVDVR Message Board

RAW Is Dr. Diminishing Returns - 7/2/2018

Dolfan in NYC

I kind of like what they're doing with Lashley and man did he look fucking huge next to Roman well he is fucking huge but the difference I hadn't noticed.  

Dr. Shelby stuff was irritating because they promised a therapy session and we got like maybe one segment with a few lines.  

I was kinda hoping the port a potty was gonna get dumped onto the car. We know Vince loves anything with poop. The blue man group paint was amusing though.

Braun should be Universal Champion now. Hell, he should be in the middle of his six month run as champion. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

"This is Monday Night Raw, we settle it in the ring unless you are female then you get suspended or therapy"

What a lame attempt at claiming sexism.  Rousey was a rehash of Brock killing Michael Cole and Dr. Shelby was a rerun of Bryan and Kane.  Blame the lack of creativity and original thought.

Speaking of lame, not sure I've ever seen a more pitiful post-RAW forum.  Two hours later and eight comments.  Clearly FOX picked the right time to go all-in on that hot sports-entertainment market...

• Like 1

I'm digging all the stuff wit Roman.

The therapy stuff was just kind of there. I feel like whoever decided to go this route forgot that Bryan and Kane were tag champs at the time and a comedy duo. There are no women's tag titles and Bayley/Sasha are ex-best friends opposed to a comedy team. This really just makes no sense.

I like Titus Worldwide, but I did enjoy their destruction at the hand s of AOP.

I'm enjoying the stuff with Mojo and No Way Jose.

I continue to like Constable Corbin.

2 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

What a lame attempt at claiming sexism.  Rousey was a rehash of Brock killing Michael Cole and Dr. Shelby was a rerun of Bryan and Kane.  Blame the lack of creativity and original thought.

Speaking of lame, not sure I've ever seen a more pitiful post-RAW forum.  Two hours later and eight comments.  Clearly FOX picked the right time to go all-in on that hot sports-entertainment market...

Sorry, I spent the evening listing stuff on eBay and tinkering with the layout of Vic's book; both activities being more interesting and productive than watching RAW.  At least tomorrow we get that bastion of long-term plotting and nuance that is Smackdown Live, where I imagine some months back things went like this:

"Mr. McMahon, Nakamura's ready for the main roster now, there's just a little problem with his English, his Japanese accent is really heavy, but he's the most popular wrestler in the world."

"A Jap that doesn't speak English more popular than Roman? We can't have that... I've got it, let's have him do comedy spots! He'll say "No speak English!" and kick guys in the balls! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That's hysterical! We can start printing money now! Forget this strong style stuff they're always going on about, the new style is kick you in the balls! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

I don't think it's intentional sexism, but it makes Angle come off as such because it's literally what's happening on the screen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

No need to embellish.

Oh, I'm not saying that,  the hypothetical McMahon toady is.  

Actually, it's funny now that you bring it up, but at that point in time (just before Nak's debut on the main roster), I'd have a helluva hard time saying who the most popular wrestler in the world was. Wasn't anyone from Japan, though Okada would be in the conversation, wouldn't have been Daniel Bryan, he was still on the shelf, do we defer back to Cena or do we just say that wrestling fandom was so fragmented that there wasn't a clear #1 then. Even more interestingly, is there a clear #1 now?

52 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Oh, I'm not saying that,  the hypothetical McMahon toady is.  

Actually, it's funny now that you bring it up, but at that point in time (just before Nak's debut on the main roster), I'd have a helluva hard time saying who the most popular wrestler in the world was. Wasn't anyone from Japan, though Okada would be in the conversation, wouldn't have been Daniel Bryan, he was still on the shelf, do we defer back to Cena or do we just say that wrestling fandom was so fragmented that there wasn't a clear #1 then. Even more interestingly, is there a clear #1 now?

Naito or *sigh* Rollins

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

Naito or *sigh* Rollins

And there you have it, the sublime and ridiculous .

Isn’t AJ crazy over at live events? He would be up there for sure.

He just needs a hook like Rollins’ “Burn it Down” chant. Have they explained what Seth means by that yet? Burning down what? WWE? The source of all his income and fame?

Nakamura also proved to be super uneven and lazy as the day is long.  I love the narrative that he should be rewarded for that with World Title reigns in order to motivate him.  He's more effective now as the dick puncher but certainly should not have been rewarded for being mediocre.  

Meanwhile Roman is elevating five guys on one show.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Isn’t AJ crazy over at live events? He would be up there for sure.

He just needs a hook like Rollins’ “Burn it Down” chant. Have they explained what Seth means by that yet? Burning down what? WWE? The source of all his income and fame?

He's a shitty architect ; )

• Haha 3