DVDVR Message Board

UFC 226: Miočić vs. Cormier (7/7/2018) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Apparently, Fernand Lopez is the Paul Bearer of MMA. I seriously misspoke about Ngannou needing to change camps. Whatever juju Lopez has over Ngannou is a much better fit than John Wood and Ngannou at Syndicate. Why he kept switching to southpaw is beyond me. 

It's super strange to see that type of knockout in MMA but seeing how Cormier is the smaller guy, it totally makes sense. Cormier's arm didn't have to travel far to land on the jawline.

• Like 1

In a legit fight with 100% effort Cormier wipes the floor with Brock.  Daniel proved that size isn't a problem for him and I bet Daniel can easily out wrestle 2018 Brock.  But given how much of a work that end of the fight stuff was and how Cormier is a huge pro wrestling mark we will see

13 minutes ago, hammerva said:

But given how much of a work that end of the fight stuff was and how Cormier is a huge pro wrestling mark we will see

Not to the point where he would work a real fight. We are not talking about Ikuhisa Minowa.

19 hours ago, The Natural said:

Having a feeling/hunch DC will do it tonight and become the second man to hold two UFC Titles at the same time. I'm not naming the first for his recent antics, fucking tool.

Called Daniel Corner winning but I never thought by KO in the very first round. Wow.

Cormier could've fought for the heavyweight title a lot earlier if not for Cain Velasquez. I recall the night JDS beat Frank Mir, Dana White even said if Cormier wanted to fight for the heavyweight title, he'd give Cormier a shot. 

I'm honestly not holding my breath the Cormier vs. Lesnar fight happens. I'm expecting injuries or USADA to stop it beforehand.

Either way, Cormier has cemented his spot in history as one of the all-time greats. It's just unfortunate about Jones. If he wasn't such a fuckup, he'd be in this conversation as well and possibly even fighting for the heavyweight title.

• Like 1

Glad for DC but that eyepoking nonsense was bad. I do adore big bellied, adjusting his trunks DC on top of the world tho. 

Didn't see the rest of the show but the heavy hands guys called Lewis vs. Ngannou being dog shit. They get a lot wrong but they fucking nailed this one with 100% accuracy from what it sounds like. 

• Like 1