DVDVR Message Board

UFC 226: Miočić vs. Cormier (7/7/2018) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Big John McCarthy said that when Cormier defended against Anthony Johnson, Cormier went from 205 at the weigh-ins to 236(w/ sweat pants on) the night of the fight. I'm really interested in what he looks like in fight without having to do that kind of weight cutting.

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Everyone made weight at the early weigh ins for this show with the single exception being Chiesa missing weight and surprisingly not Anthony Pettis. 

Cormier came in heavier for the title fight than the guy who has been at HW his entire career.

Just like Marreta did yesterday, Alexander Volkov weighed in officially to become the backup guy for tomorrow night.

I'm not surprised at all by Cormier's weight.  He's one of those dudes who seems to struggle mightily with every single weight cut.  The secret about why heavyweight MMA sucks is that anyone who can cut enough weight fights at 185 or 205.  If the Bellator heavyweight tournament has taught us anything it is that a big middleweight is just a small heavyweight.  Luke Rockhold, Yoel Romero, Jacare, shit maybe even Darren Till, would be over the 205 floor if they didn't cut any weight.  Seriously, who was the last fighter to weigh in at less than 230 for a heavyweight fight?

I like that Saki was talking about the holes in Khalil's game and then Saki gets walloped by a straight left through the guard while throwing a lazy low kick.

Semi restrained Mike Perry is a massive upgrade over Look for one killshot and stalk your opponent until it happens Mike Perry. I am more confident he can fight at a consistent pace against better fighters.

• Like 2