DVDVR Message Board

[TV] REST OF THE SUMMER 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Palin could have threatened a bigass lawsuit, defamation of character or something. Then again they might salivate at that possibility. 

Anyone watching Snowfall? I'm trying to keep up but it's another one of those shows where everyone pretty much sucks as a person. 

On 8/28/2018 at 11:11 AM, HumanChessgame said:

I watched Sharp Objects this weekend.  It was basically the second season of True Detective we never got.

My only complaint is that the finale probably should’ve been 15-20 minutes longer. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Anyone watching Snowfall? I'm trying to keep up but it's another one of those shows where everyone pretty much sucks as a person. 

I've been all in since the first episode. I've loved Alanna Ubach in her few appearances this season. I don't expect a character to be a saint or to have more redeeming than damning qualities.

I would say Showtime isn't stupid enough to try to continue the show without her, but then I've seen the last couple seasons of Dexter culminating with that awful finale so who knows. 

20 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Don't forget the last seasons and finale of Weeds, which predated and predicted the abomination that was Dexter's last gasp. Good lord that was awful...

I know I watched the final season of Weeds, but pretty sure I must have blocked it out of my mind because I remember literally nothing.  

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

I actually only remember the series finale myself, which was so ridiculous there's no way I could possibly forget it. 

I literally remember nothing specific about the last season of Weeds.  Just the general impression that it was poor.