DVDVR Message Board

[TV] REST OF THE SUMMER 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

Seeing EVA just reminded me of something...

Did anyone else watch the newest season of Last Chance U? Holy shit. I thought Jason Brown was a huge piece of shit. If you go off of the editing alone, it doesn't look like he knows fuck all about football. Again, that's what the editing makes it look like, but I'd imagine he's at least a little more talented than just being a dude who screams at his players and staff constantly. I wouldn't have worked for that asshole though and I sure as shit wouldn't have worked for him for free like their QB coach did.

I watched the 2nd episode last night, and thought to myself, "wow, they found someone less likable than Buddy Stephens."

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I watched the 2nd episode last night, and thought to myself, "wow, they found someone less likable than Buddy Stephens."

HEY FUCK YOU, MOTHERFUCKER.  IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, PACK YOUR SHIT AND LEAVE.  I’M FROM COMPTON HOMIE.  BEACH HOUSE CADILLAC.

• Haha 1

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, odessasteps said:

So, Star Trek does have an equivalent of Star Wars's "Please help us, Obi Wan.  You're our only hope," moment.

Fox is going to do a series based on Justin Cronin's novel, The Passage, and also plans to do projects based on the other books of his unnamed trilogy (The Twelve, City of Mirrors).

Very ambitious since the time span of those novels not only tells the story of a population destroying pandemic, but the time frame of the story is close to a thousand years..

I've read the books before.  The comparisons to The Stand are somewhat accurate, but Passage / Twelve / City of Mirrors does not have the supernatural trappings that both burden The Stand and give the story its charms.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Cue Book fans bitching when they reveal he didn't marry Crusher like in the books in 3... 2..

They were already divorced by the future of "All Good Things."  No need to make Gates a recurring character or anything.

People have been waiting for a Star Trek series that is set after TNG, DS9, Voyager etc. for 15 years. If this will be centered on a near 80 year old Picard this will probably be pretty bad, however if Picard is just a recurring character (as a retired Admiral or whatever) this could be something. At least for once this won't be an alternate timeline piece or prequel like everything after Voyager (Enterprise, the post-Nemesis movies, Discovery) which should give them much more creative freedom without getting too silly in going into alternate timeline stuff like Discovery.

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Homeland will end at the conclusion of Season 8 (which isn't even happening until June of next year)

Both Homeland and The Affair will end their Showtime runs fairly soon..

Sacha Baron Cohen's "Who is America?" and the Halo series (Yes. THAT Halo.) will take their places in the SHO line-up along with Black Monday; a dark comedy featuring Don Cheadle.  So Don will be back on a SHO series two years after the cancellation of House of Lies.

• Like 1

I like Homeland a lot and actually think the post-Brody seasons add up to being better than the Brody ones.  I mean we got one and a half, MAYBE two good seasons out of Brody, and season three was a shitshow.  But since then, I've thought the ensuing four season were great.  So math dictates that the show is better without Brody.  Not to mention his kids.  Brody's.  Fucking.  Kids.

Regardless, it's probably time to wrap it up and I'm glad they decided early and should be able to write a proper final chapter.

I like Who Is America for the most part, but I can't see how an uneven half hour mockumentary comedy replaces and hourlong thriller.

48 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I like Who Is America for the most part, but I can't see how an uneven half hour mockumentary comedy replaces and hourlong thriller.

It won't.

Most likely Halo will fill Homeland's void.

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

How are they going to get another season out of Who Is America? People are going to be on high alert for a while. 

My idea would be for Showtime to reach out to the people Cohen pranked in the first season and offer them a chance to prank him back. Follow them around for a half hour while they prep an inevitably disastrous retribution prank that ultimately fails because of their own ineptitude, humorlessness, and vindictiveness. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2