DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIES] JULY/AUG 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

• RIPPA pinned this topic
26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

So for the people who have seen Tag - @Tabe and @ivpvideos were two recent ones I know - how long did you spend staring at Jeremy Renner's CGI arms?

This was the first I heard about it so I looked it up and I can’t believe he broke both of his arms making this silly movie. I wasn’t looking for it though 

Went out today to find My Friend Dahmer at the local Family Video and the only copy was out, dammit. The only thing else interesting on the new release wall was that prison doc with Danny Trejo on the cover but I didn't feel like getting pissed off tonight

I finally got around to seeing Won't You Be My Neighbor? and coincidentally had my first (sort of) date since dumping my ex. The movie was wonderful and a great reminder of why I should try harder to be a better person. The date was the typical reminder of why I don't try. 

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

The Mr. Rogers doc made it to Delaware this week. Hoping to go later in the week. 

We're going on the 4th. Can't wait. 

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This showed up in my Netflix queue over the weekend and I was all since when is Luke Harper doing movies?

I was surprised by how funny and not corny that Uncle Drew was.  You will get really tired of the product placement, though.

13 hours ago, J.T. said:

This showed up in my Netflix queue over the weekend and I was all since when is Luke Harper doing movies?

I was surprised by how funny and not corny that Uncle Drew was.  You will get really tired of the product placement, though.

I'm just assuming there is a minimum of two cans of Pepsi in each shot.

There's an "I'll be damned" and a "hell" in Incredibles 2. I should have known that there would have been some dumb fucking outrage over it.

Hey, here's a concept - how about you just let your kid know what is and isn't appropriate to say. 

• Like 2

I feel like the people complaining are the same ones I saw haul children less than 10 into Deadpool and then complained it was too violent

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Saw Sicario 2 on Sunday. Movie lost me halfway thru but might have been because I’m old and saw a 10:30 showing.

saw Wont You Be My Neighbor today. Absolutely wonderful, tons of cool footage I had never seen before and Mr. Rogers is a national treasure. I gotta make a trip to Pittsburgh to check out the museum with all the Mr. Rogers stuff in it

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I feel like the people complaining are the same ones I saw haul children less than 10 into Deadpool and then complained it was too violent

I used to know a guy who ran a video store, back in the final days of those being a thing. He one day went on a long ass rant about this woman who came back PISSED a super hero movie was inappropriate for her children.

That movie was Kick-Ass.

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2018 at 5:12 PM, odessasteps said:

Whether people complaining about the swearing have a point or not, Brad is 100% wrong about it being a "kids movie". I don't care what the rating is, that's a kids movie. 

• Like 2

On 7/2/2018 at 4:37 PM, RolandTHTG said:

Loved, loved, loved The Incredibles 2.

Genuine contender for best sequel of all time?

I liked The Incredibles, but it isn't even the best Pixar sequel of all time. That'd be Toy Story 2.

9 hours ago, Tabe said:

Whether people complaining about the swearing have a point or not, Brad is 100% wrong about it being a "kids movie". I don't care what the rating is, that's a kids movie. 

When you have toys at Mcdonalds, its a kids movie. . . .

• Like 1