DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] JULY 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Shhhhh...

He hasn’t noticed that RAW has 2 guys named Bobby yet...

I remain amazed that he hasn't changed one of their last names to "Pin". 

15 minutes ago, Peck said:

I was born and raised in and around Warren Ohio, and according to cagematch NXT is the only promotion to ever hold a show in Warren.  It is just not a place where anyone who wants to make money puts on a show.  

1 hour ago, dokdoyle said:

That looks like a 'that's as good a place as any to have a show, halfway to the next big town" show to fill out the tour.

Youngstown and Cleveland are both less than an hour away, so most shows go to one of those two cities.  I'm super happy they're showing the hometown some love, because no one else does, but I honestly don't know how many people they expect to travel to that show.  I had an uncle who used to promote concerts at that arena and the one person he could always depend on to show up was Rick James.  It's just not a place where a lot of people perform.  

13 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Youngstown and Cleveland are both less than an hour away, so most shows go to one of those two cities.  I'm super happy they're showing the hometown some love, because no one else does, but I honestly don't know how many people they expect to travel to that show.  I had an uncle who used to promote concerts at that arena and the one person he could always depend on to show up was Rick James.  It's just not a place where a lot of people perform.  

I wonder what they drew in March 2017 when they were there. May have had an influence on whether or not to run that building again.

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Is this a Fake Baltimore situation?

No, that place is smack dab in the middle of Warren, Ohio.  Youngstown is closer to Warren than Bel Air is to Baltimore.  If they wanted to be a fake city, they'd probably say Youngstown, a place where they drew pretty big crowds in the past, but nope they said Warren.  The building only holds about 2500 people, so they can fill that with locals, but it's not a place that would attract tourists to spend a weekend.  If anyone goes, make sure you go to The Hot Dog Shoppe.  

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

That coke habit had to get paid for somehow.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic