DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] JULY 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

A heel turn and semi-push for Chris Hero? YES!! 

I can't in good faith call him Kassius Ohno. Yes, I know he came up with the name. It pays homage to Muhammad Ali, but the indy nerd in me hates the name. It's like referring to Claudio Castagnoli as Cesaro. When your given name is Claudio Castagnoli, anything else isn't going to be as good. Granted, Antonio Cesaro wasn't bad. 

BTW, Muhammad Ali's middle name was Marcellus. Cassius Marcellus...that's just fucking bad ass. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

A heel turn and semi-push for Chris Hero? YES!! 

I can't in good faith call him Kassius Ohno. Yes, I know he came up with the name. It pays homage to Muhammed Ali, but the indy nerd in me hates the name. It's like referring to Claudio Castagnoli as Cesaro. When your given name is Claudio Castagnoli, anything else isn't going to be as good. Granted, Antonio Cesaro wasn't bad. 

BTW, Muhammad Ali's middle name was Marcellus. Cassius Macellus...that's just fucking bad ass. 

I actually did not know that. A dude named Cassius Macellus shouldn't be boxing, he should be chopping fools up with a fucking broadsword.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OSJ said:

I actually did not know that. A dude named Cassius Macellus shouldn't be boxing, he should be chopping fools up with a fucking broadsword.

Imagine a cross between Cassius Clay and Marcellus Wallace. That's what I'm picturing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I'm still amazed at the level of talent and experience they've gathered just for their coaching staff alone. Yes, even Scotty2Hotty, the guy deserves it for the hard work he put into it.

On 7/2/2018 at 7:10 AM, Craig H said:

Bums me out that it looks like Dijak is a job guy. I guess that's how other super talented dudes have been used too, like Oney until recently, but Dijak just looks like someone who could be a superstar. If they're treating him as a prospect though and bringing him up slowly then I'll try to refrain from complaining much.

He’s been given a new name. Say hello to Dominik Dijakovic.  

1 hour ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

He’s been given a new name. Say hello to Dominik Dijakovic.  

Unless he's going to be Rusev's cousin, I hate it. They might as well have stuck with Donovan Dijak. 

...and yes I have a Seinfeld clip to tie in with WWE name changes

• Haha 1

Donovan Dijak and Gunner have each gotten their NXT names (both were still using their real names)

Dijak = Dominik Dijakovic

Gunner = Jaxson Ryker

Yea ... there's no way he's not going to be going by just "Dijak" within 6 months.  Interesting way to trademark a new name but essentially still be able to call him his already known name.  

Independent wrestler Lacey Lane who had a WWE tryout back in February of 2017 has signed a developmental contract with the company according to LuchaCentral.

Late last year she revealed on an episode of the Spinning Heel Kick Podcast that she was set to report to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida in March of last year but due to them finding arthritis in her knee they took back the contract offer.

She mentioned in the interview she was changing her workouts to strengthen her knee and hoped to get another opportunity to get a contract with WWE, which she did.

Lane was a mainstay in The Crash Lucha Libre where she held the Women’s Championship with the company. She also was frequently booked in AroLucha.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/lacey-lane-signs-with-wwe/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm surprised they haven't done War Games on the main roster yet. I'm sure Mattel would love it.

I think it is because Vince still hates it