DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - July

Raziel

36 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I've seen reports that Sanchez will be out until the end of August, which will plug a huge hole the Yanks have behind the plate...

Cashman himself said Sanchez is out till the end of August if not early Sept

He also freely said the catching market is shit

That being said - their catching defense just tremendously improved

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Happ to the Yankees is done. Brandon Drury and a prospect (OF Billy McKinney) coming to the Jays. 

McKinney is the OTHER OF Prospect the Yanks have had on the 40 man who isn't Clint Frazier

He is... right there. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

McKinney is the OTHER OF Prospect the Yanks have had on the 40 man who isn't Clint Frazier

He is... right there. 

He was never going to crack the ML roster as an outfielder. Even if the Yankees don't bring back Brett Gardner next year, which I doubt they won't. He and CC are the clubhouse leaders. Even if Gardner didn't come back next year, McKinney is still blocked by Judge, Stanton, Hicks, and Clint Frazier. Plus, Tyler Austin is in AAA. 

I feel bad for Brandon Drury. He didn't do himself any favors by not coming clean about his migraine and vision problems sooner, and by the time he was ready to come back, Miguel Andujar was firmly entreched at third. At least, Drury will get playing time in Toronto with Josh Donaldson still out. Plus, Drury should be in Toronto's long term plans being signed through 2021.

Other than that, I love the Happ trade. Not to mention the Zach Britton deal, making the bullpen deeper and keeping him away from Boston and Houston.

Jesus Christ, he's fucking terrible. I joked with friends today that he'd have 6 BB through 4 innings.

It's so easy to predict.

I feel pretty good about trading for Hamels. They didn't have to give up much and Hamels home/away splits are like night and day. At home he's basically Shitwood adjace. Away? He's pretty good, which is more than you can say about Shitwood, Farrell, Hendricks, and Quintana on most days.

A source confirmed to MLB.com on Friday evening that the Phillies have acquired infielder Asdrubal Cabrera from the Mets for Double-A Reading right-hander Franklyn Kilome, who is the organization's No. 10 prospect. Cabrera instantly provide more power to the Phillies' lineup. A source said Cabrera will cover the team at second base, third base and shortstop. He will play regularly, but not exclusively at any one position.

Clayton Kershaw goes 1-1 with a 2 RBI 1B and 3 BB. First pitcher with a H and 3 BB since Whitey Ford in 1959. 

He also went 7.2 IP, scattered 6 H, allowed 1 earned, didn't walk anybody and K'd 8. 

Solid goddamn day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Mike Trout would like to see something done about the shift because "fans wanna see offense."

Poor Mike Trout. 

Simple solution: bunt the ball down the 3rd base line and end up with a free double. If teams and players did that the shift would vanish very quickly. That's exactly what would've happened 30 years ago when the game of baseball still made sense.

• Like 5

Sean Newcomb goes 8.2 no hit against LAD this evening, and as that is going on, someone discovered that he tweeted some real dumb shit when he was a senior in HS. It for sure belongs in the other thread, but I figured since he had a pretty excellent night at the yard, it should get a mention here as well.

Fucking dummies. I would never excuse the bigoted behavior, but why don't these jamokes scrub their social media history?

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/news/mlb-sean-newcombs-performance-overshadowed-racist-homophobic-tweets/vytkzx2cgdmw1o18rscsny8fr

Someone called FAN and seriously suggested that when there is less than 2 strikes in a count the Yanks should put Sanchez in the infield as a 5th infielder and play without a catcher, thus revolutionizing the sport with a new twist on the shift. This Is a Karl Pilklington level idea where I really don't know if it's brilliant, stark raving mad or so stark raving mad that it's brilliant.