DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - July

Raziel

Not really suprising when you consider Houston's Yuli Gurriel received a standing ovation from the idiots in Houston after he had been caught making the slanted eyes gesture about Yu Darvish during last year's WS.

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Ah go kick rocks.

giphy.gif

At least we have a better record than the M*tropolitans. 

Good, everyone in baseball can finish a dozen fucking games ahead of us for all I care so we get the 2019 #1 pick.

It's just worst record now.  Has been for about a decade... otherwise, Strasburg ('09) and Harper ('10) aren't both Nats. 

Btw, in looking up that Buck gif up there, I realized that all you have to do if you ever want to cheer up is Google "Buck Showalter gif".   There has never been such a collection of abject human misery collected in one set of gifs ever before. 

• Haha 1

This remains one of the all time great gifs

missed-high-five-buck-showalter.gif?resi

The Os and Mets are currently separated by 14 games and the Os are actively dumping players.

In fact the Mets need to fall past 5 other teams to be dead last.

That ain't happening if they don't trade any of their starters

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I have barely been following baseball this year but please tell me this is a dig at Gary Sanchez for dogging it last night.

edit: Yanks just put him on the shelf for 10 days with a groin injury. "IT WASN'T HIS FAULT!"

Did any of you guys see the story of how the assistant GM of the Nationals is doing a GoFundMe to raise the money to pay for his cancer treatment? The Nationals owner is worth 6 Billion dollars but him covering the cost would just be too much. I always thought the Wilponzis were the scummiest owners in the whole league, but this guy just totally blows them out of the water. I hope the Phillies or Braves owners donate all the money he needs just to publicly embarrass the Nats. Hell if Jeter were smart he would have the Marlins do it and turn their organization face.

• Like 1

The Red Sox have officially struck a deal to land righty Nathan Eovaldi from the Rays, as Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic first reported (via Twitter). Young lefty Jalen Beeks will go to Tampa Bay in return, per Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times 

Had he converted a chance or recorded a putout, then it's the best thing ever. Pitcher swaps happen frequently enough that it doesn't really get me going unless they have a chance in the field. Travis Wood's catch in the ivy in LF a couple years ago is where it's at:

I suppose the wrinkle here is that Sergio Romo was thus able to get a hold and then a save in the same game, which will confuse scorekeepers and box score archivists forevermore.