DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - July

Raziel

1 minute ago, PetrolCB said:

Good. Come on, Klentak, you bastard. Get him to Philly, pronto. 

Aww... you probably should have held off posting this

After a small medical holdup involving one of the prospects coming back, the Dodgers are set to acquire All-Star shortstop Manny Machado from the Orioles. Eduardo A. Encina of the Baltimore Sun tweets that the deal “will happen”, and that an agreement “has been made”, citing an industry source. Jon Heyman of Fancred Sports confirms the news, adding that the teams have gotten past the “brief medical blip”.

It’s unclear exactly which Dodgers prospects are headed to Baltimore in the deal at this time, as Roch Kubatko of MASNsports.com tweets that reports stating that shortstop Gavin Lux and right-hander Dustin May are involved “aren’t accurate”. Indeed, as J.P. Hoornstra of the Southern California News Group pointed out earlier this afternoon, Lux and May are still in the lineup for the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes (the club’s Class A Advanced Affiliate). In spite of news that the trade is official, there’s no word that either prospect has been removed from the lineup card at this time. Kubatko reported earlier that five minor-leaguers will be headed to the Orioles in the deal.

On 7/17/2018 at 6:41 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

According to Byron Saxton, former Yankees CF Bernie Williams is a Hall of Famer. I love Bernie as much as the next Yankee fan and wish it were true. If Bernie is watching Smackdown, I'm sure he's very pleased to know Saxton inducted him into the HoF.

"Shut up, Saxton!" 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Indians are trading for Brad Hand. No wonder on what the Padres are getting in return

The deal is actually Brad Hand AND Adam Cimber going to the Indians. Padres are getting top catching prospect Francisco Mejia

Commissioner Manfred wants to expand to 32 teams at some point in the near future.  His potential candidate cities are:

Montreal

Vancouver

Nashville

Portland

Charlotte

Las Vegas

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Commissioner Manfred wants to expand to 32 teams at some point in the near future.  His potential candidate cities are:

Montreal

Vancouver

Nashville

Portland

Charlotte

Las Vegas

I'm always happy not to see Austin on these lists.  Hoping I manage to move out before the city is dumb enough to buy some rich asshole a stadium.

So of the cities on that list, there is already a MILB presence in Vancouver, Nashville, Charlotte, and Las Vegas. I would assume that any MLB team taking up residence in those towns would then force that MILB team to relocate or be contracted. The MLB "Sphere of Influence" rules are weird, and I don't know exactly how they work, but I know that the point has been made when the A's were looking to move to San Jose that if that went through, SFG would have been forced to relocate the A ball team they have there.

My choices would be Nashville and Montreal. I initially thought Portland would be cool, but after thinking about the Battered Bastards of Baseball, it almost seems like another slap in the face to put an MLB team in Portland.

2 hours ago, Robert C said:

I'm always happy not to see Austin on these lists.  Hoping I manage to move out before the city is dumb enough to buy some rich asshole a stadium.

Um, that scumbag Andrew Precourt would like to have a word with you #SaveTheCrew

16 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Commissioner Manfred wants to expand to 32 teams at some point in the near future.  

Commissioner Manfred maybe ought to try and focus on getting 30 competitive teams going before he worries about expanding. 

• Like 4

It looks like Jeurys Familia is being traded to the As

Reports are that the two teams have basically agreed to a deal but nothing has been announced.

Familia did say his goodbyes in the dugout last night

• Like 1

Stephen Strasburg returned from the DL

Stephen Strasburg got shelled

Stephen Strasburg got into an altercation with Max Scherzer

Yeah - I thought the Caps Stanley Cup would diminish my joy but it hasn't

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In a trade that has been widely expected since last night, the Athletics will acquire right-hander Jeurys Familia from the Mets, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post. In exchange, the Athletics will send a pair of minor leaguers back to New York: third baseman William Toffey and right-hander Bobby Wahl.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Stephen Strasburg returned from the DL

Stephen Strasburg got shelled

Stephen Strasburg got into an altercation with Max Scherzer

Yeah - I thought the Caps Stanley Cup would diminish my joy but it hasn't

Poor, poor Nats...