DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - July

Raziel

Baseball god, please, let this trade actually happen. 

Also, I’m watching the Derby as I always do (Let’s go Big Rhys!). I don’t mind Perez, but these other two jabronis stink. I feel like I’m watching a smarky version of a meaningless thing that I perennially enjoy. 

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

Baseball god, please, let this trade actually happen. 

Also, I’m watching the Derby as I always do (Let’s go Big Rhys!). I don’t mind Perez, but these other two jabronis stink. I feel like I’m watching a smarky version of a meaningless thing that I perennially enjoy. 

I say this with an unblemished record of staunch heterosexuality, Bryce Harper's hair looks fabulous tonight. He's going to win the derby in Washington, and of course spurn the hometown fans when he leaves as a free agent.

I think Philly ends up with Machado. We're going to get a rematch of the '09 World Series full of Seinfeld references.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I say this with an unblemished record of staunch heterosexuality, Bryce Harper's hair looks fabulous tonight. He's going to win the derby in Washington, and of course spurn the hometown fans when he leaves as a free agent.

I think Philly ends up with Machado. We're going to get a rematch of the '09 World Series full of Seinfeld references.

If the Phillies make it to the World Series, this guy might show up here

greenman_zpsaog4q2yc.gif

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If I'm Washington, I let Harper walk. Some team is going to give him $35m a year and completely ignore that he's only had one great season. 

6 minutes ago, Tabe said:

If I'm Washington, I let Harper walk. Some team is going to give him $35m a year and completely ignore that he's only had one great season. 

My pick is the Dodgers. I could also see him ending up in Boston.

9 hours ago, piranesi said:

I am equally committed to marrying both Ava Gardner and Myrna Loy.

As long as you can find someone to do the ceremony, neither of them is really in any position to turn you down.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

I can't tell what is more amazingly annoying.  Cubs complaining about Bryce Harper's dad cheating in a Home Run Derby (Yes I know technically he did) or National fans treating this as one of the great moments in Nationals Park history.  If Bryce ends up batting under .250 and the Nats don't make the playoffs this year I am not sure how this would be a big deal

Joey Gallo is a fucking dope. He's saying that when the shift gets banned, he'll be "nasty again". Someone refresh my memory as to when this Rob Deer clone was nasty? Career BA of .196, and outside of hitting the longball (which I might add, he is still doing at a pretty good clip) what exactly is his game? On top of the fact that the most extreme shifts happen with 2 strikes, and Gallo strikes out a fucking metric ton anyway, why not try to lay one down? Chances are you are going to K anyway if you don't hit into the shift, so give it a shot!

All this shit about regulating the shift is just ridiculous to me. Start taking extra BP in which you learn to go the other way consistently, and learn to fucking bunt.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 3

They postponed it by a day for the 1969 game. The 1952 game was called after 4 innings, and the second 1961 game was called after 9 innings because of rain. The problem might be that STL - CHC play on Thursday, so you might have to give those players the option of not playing in a Wednesday game.

Barring a last second miracle.  Manny Machado will be an LA Dodger before the end of the break. It looks to be some kind of package featuring Yusniel Diaz. 

I really, really want them to finalize the trade mid-ASG so he has to switch dugouts during the game. 

• Like 2

According to Byron Saxton, former Yankees CF Bernie Williams is a Hall of Famer. I love Bernie as much as the next Yankee fan and wish it were true. If Bernie is watching Smackdown, I'm sure he's very pleased to know Saxton inducted him into the HoF.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

Joey Gallo is a fucking dope. He's saying that when the shift gets banned, he'll be "nasty again". Someone refresh my memory as to when this Rob Deer clone was nasty? Career BA of .196, and outside of hitting the longball (which I might add, he is still doing at a pretty good clip) what exactly is his game? On top of the fact that the most extreme shifts happen with 2 strikes, and Gallo strikes out a fucking metric ton anyway, why not try to lay one down? Chances are you are going to K anyway if you don't hit into the shift, so give it a shot!

All this shit about regulating the shift is just ridiculous to me. Start taking extra BP in which you learn to go the other way consistently, and learn to fucking bunt.

I'll always be a fan of Joey's for the night I saw him hit a home run over the light pole at Avista Stadium, something I've never seen anyone else come even remotely close to doing. He was 18.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

According to Byron Saxton, former Yankees CF Bernie Williams is a Hall of Famer. I love Bernie as much as the next Yankee fan and wish it were true. If Bernie is watching Smackdown, I'm sure he's very pleased to know Saxton inducted him into the HoF.

WWE really pissed away a gold mine by putting the kibosh on that "Shut Up Saxton" shirt.

• Haha 1