DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2018 - July

Raziel

Given Lost in the festivities surrounding Chris Davis becoming the O's all time K leader, is the news that they are shopping Manny Machado hard.

Potential landing spots are anywhere that doesn't have a losing record, nor reside in the AL East. Though LAD, MIL, and CLE are the leaders according to Rosenthal.  

Edited by Dolfan in NYC

23 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Given the festivities surrounding Chris Davis becoming the O's all time K leader, is the news that they are shopping Manny Machado hard.

Potential landing spots are anywhere that doesn't have a losing record, nor reside in the AL East. Though LAD, MIL, and CLE are the leaders according to Rosenthal.  

Let’s go Phils!

Cleveland seems like a baffling notion, since they already have guys playing SS & 3B who aren't going anywhere, and Encarncion is their DH. I guess they could bench Kipnis and move either Manny or Lindor to 2B (probably Lindor). But they also don't need him, because that division is beyond godawful, so he'd be an October purchase only, as was outlined by...someone. Buster Olney, I think.

Milwaukee's interesting, because goddamn, do they need a SS, and when you're still starting Ryan Braun, one has to wonder how their offense is going to hold up down the stretch and potentially into the postseason. I guess my question is, who does MIL have to trade back that the Os would actually want; they'd have to have some pretty interesting arms in their farm system. Or the Os could find a way to fuck that up, too.

Nevertheless, FML and that of every other Os fan for not keeping Manny because we signed Nise Rob Deer instead.

3 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Cleveland seems like a baffling notion, since they already have guys playing SS & 3B who aren't going anywhere, and Encarncion is their DH. I guess they could bench Kipnis and move either Manny or Lindor to 2B (probably Lindor). But they also don't need him, because that division is beyond godawful, so he'd be an October purchase only, as was outlined by...someone. Buster Olney, I think.

Milwaukee's interesting, because goddamn, do they need a SS, and when you're still starting Ryan Braun, one has to wonder how their offense is going to hold up down the stretch and potentially into the postseason. I guess my question is, who does MIL have to trade back that the Os would actually want; they'd have to have some pretty interesting arms in their farm system. Or the Os could find a way to fuck that up, too.

Nevertheless, FML and that of every other Os fan for not keeping Manny because we signed Nise Rob Deer instead.

If the Indians trade for Machado, he'd play 3B with Jose Ramirez shifting to 2B and Kipnis playing some OF/riding the bench.  Milwaukee has quite a few good young arms(Brandon Woodruff, Corbin Burnes, Freddy Peralta, Luis Ortiz, Kodi Medeiros) and some interesting  positions prospects(Brett Phillips, Corey Ray, Demi Orimoloye, Jacob Nottingham).  I think even if the O's didn't sign Chris Davis to that horrible deal, Machado was leaving this offseason no matter what.

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

According to Ken Rosenthal and also reported by CBS Sports, the Yankees are not only in on Manny Machado, but might be the frontrunners to land him.

I am not sure how "Increased interest" translates to "frontrunners" but okay.

And tangentially - Machado pretty much said last night that he isn't playing 3B again

The Mets just announced they are replacing Jose Reyes with a significant upgrade: a bloated corpse they fished out of the East River.

• Haha 1

Yeah, when I saw the other day that Alex Verdugo and Yaisel Sierra had been pointed at as "not enough" to swing a deal, I figured that was the end of their pursuit of Machado. If two high end prospects don't get the job done for 3 months of Machado, I couldn't see them going beyond that.

It certainly isn't a situation where giving up a guy like Kelbert Ruiz or Dustin May makes any sense. It will interesting to see what MIN wants for Dozier now. 18 months ago it was some combination of Bellinger/Brock Stewart/ Jose De Leon. MIN ain't getting a fucking fraction of that type of haul for him now.

Edited by grilledcheese
spelling

2 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Goddamn it, Phils. You had one job. Actually two, and you forgot to score.

But no, you gave up a walk off to that mimbo, Brandon Nimmo. 

Petrol sets 'em up and I knock 'em down.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Dont often see two teams score 19 runs on the same day. 

I'm old enough to remember when the 13 run pool was a thing.