DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING GIFS.

Earth is gonna be up shit creek when Suzuki reverts to form and becomes the kaiju's leader instead of fighting them.

Is Suzuki the closest thing Japan the major Japan promotions have had to a lifelong heel?  Heel-face distinctions tend to be less important in most of the big promotions, but I can't think of the last time Suzuki wasn't portrayed as the anti-establishment heel.

Lol, if he was in the WWE, Vince would turn him babyface in six months.  Then have him act like an even bigger jerk.

14 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Just as awful as it was last week. At least Mije was said to be okay.

Darn, I didn't see the clip earlier in the thread.

The flippancy in my post was supposed to be about the other guys involved in that spot. Good to know he's all right after that.

That makes me want to re-watch all of the Godzilla movies again after doing the marathon last summer. DDT is so great. I wish they had Stardom World-like translations on Universe though.

• Like 1

Wrestling is always striving for the next level of creativity. Even unintentional creativity like this horrific disaster of a botched move. They're lucky no one is dead.

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

Wrestling is always striving for the next level of creativity. Even unintentional creativity like this horrific disaster of a botched move. They're lucky no one is dead.

I dunno.  It's obviously a botch, and there's always a risk when something happens neither guy in anticipating or prepared for, but the actual bump doesn't look horrid.  I feel like I see worse bumps a couple times a month on WWE TV and probably a couple times some weeks in this thread.

6 hours ago, Pete said:

tumblr_pbzdc00j7M1s05wxzo1_400.gif

Tetsuya Naito was 36...

Damn Kenny, give him a micro-second to tuck his head, you dumbshit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler regarding today's G1 semi-main event:

Spoiler

I usually dislike Red Shoes trying to steal the show but if he's going to do it, he may as well go all the way. This was hilarious.