DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING PHOTOS.

9 hours ago, Oyaji said:

tumblr_nkec0mszvM1qf7xjao1_400.jpg

It's crazy those guys were 20 in UWF and so fucking good. Masakatsu Funaki looked like a god and it's a shame they didn't stick around in pro wrestling, tho Pancrase was pretty fun too I guess. Funaki vs. Nakano > *

TIME TO FUCK

You gotta see the mural from the side of the ribs restaurant if you haven't.  It was so shitty and awesome.

and I can't find it so maybe I dreamed the whole thing during one of my sexy, sexy Abdullah the Butcher dreams

21 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

You gotta see the mural from the side of the ribs restaurant if you haven't.  It was so shitty and awesome.

and I can't find it so maybe I dreamed the whole thing during one of my sexy, sexy Abdullah the Butcher dreams

The whole House of Ribs & Chinese Food was awesome, including the location. Did you know that cabs wouldn't go to that district after dark? We found out the hard way. We were in town for the World Horror Convention, must have been like '95 or thereabouts. Several of us pro writing types are hardcore wrestling fans so we decided that a pilgrimage to the great man's restaurant was in order. Two cab-loads departed the hotel, took like forty minutes to get there, but what the hell. The place looked like a converted 7-11 from the building structure and wasn't particularly impressive inside. The staff was super nice and quite impressed with our story. Dinner was okay, anytime I can have ribs and egg-rolls, I'm a happy guy. 

Then we had  to head back, artist Alan M. Clark had a midnight presentation to do, and he wanted both Lucy Taylor and myself in the audience to ask questions if things got slow for any reason. No problem, until we called the cab company that brought us and heard "Oh, we don't send our drivers to that part of town at this hour!" Tried a couple of other companies and got the same shit. We were stuck miles and miles away from the hotel. 

Luckily, a cabby stopped by for a snack and agreed to take Alan and several others back to the hotel, that left five of us stuck. Fortunately, the lovely Asian woman who was the hostess (and turned out to be Mrs. Abdullah), offered to give us a ride back to the hotel, if we didn't mind stops to drop off the dishwasher and one of the cooks. Obviously, we were a-ok with that. We mentioned that there was a party the next evening hosted by TOR Books and that we'd be delighted if Abdullah would come as our special guest and gave her the phone number.  Abby called the next afternoon and asked if he could bring two friends, Teddy Long and Cactus Jack. My wife who took the call, told him that would be great, he kept calling her "sweetie" and assured her that they'd be there. We waited out front for them for a considerable period of time that night. Wouldn't you know it, they no-showed.

• Like 10

*bows head solemnly* For reference, Saito had a big influence on both men's Kensuke Office/Diamond Ring training. Also, the obvious tribute to his name and look from Masa Kitamiya.
q8P4Ivr.jpg

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Is she on the run from the Sokovia Accords?

The last superhero film I watched was Wonder Woman in the hospital and the last book was in forever, so I didn't even know what that was. Is my Marvel Card revoked now? How many times do I have to watch Black Panther to get it back?

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

The last superhero film I watched was Wonder Woman in the hospital and the last book was in forever, so I didn't even know what that was. Is my Marvel Card revoked now? How many times do I have to watch Black Panther to get it back?

Three. 

Also, Eddie, shellfish destroyed Demolition, not Crush.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2018 at 9:41 AM, RIPPA said:

86 and 87 per Cagematch. He did a few tours for All Japan.

86 was him and Darsow touring as The Russians

87 was him solo (and now I wanna find this match where he faced John Tenta)

I'd love to see him teaming with Gordy on that same tour.