DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

They did sign Kendrick for a little while, he won the X Division title.

They were going to bring London in as Amazing Red's tag team partner when Red came back in 2009 but hours before the tapings London sent someone in management a text saying something to the extent of "Would it hurt anyone's feelings if I no-showed?". They didn't bother with him after that. 

I love London, he'll always be one of my favorites but he can be his own worst enemy.

When it comes to the Steiners, I'd want to see them wrestle Harper and Rowan because man, the Steiners tossing around hosses is one of the best things in wrestling, straight up. 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

I love London, he'll always be one of my favorites but he can be his own worst enemy.

You're right, but I'm not sure London noping out of working for TNA is the best way to illustrate your point.

19 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

When it comes to the Steiners, I'd want to see them wrestle Harper and Rowan because man, the Steiners tossing around hosses is one of the best things in wrestling, straight up. 

That '96 feud with Fire & Ice is classic.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

You're right, but I'm not sure London noping out of working for TNA is the best way to illustrate your point.

Eh, there was no need for him to be a dick about it. Just say no, although I doubt that saying applies to Mr. London. 

1 hour ago, Smelly McUgly said:

If you haven’t seen it...you need to see Steiners vs. Vader and Bigelow...

25 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Third week in a row. Did this really need a rubber match? Is Vince either so checked out or concerned with the XFL that he has nothing else to open Raw?

The Revival is going to be in a big match on Raw for the third week in a row. I strongly oppose your negativity.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, The Great ML said:

If you haven’t seen it...you need to see Steiners vs. Vader and Bigelow...

I've seen it, love it.

I also think the Steiners gave Mr. Hughes his greatest match ever on the Clash in Steiners vs. Hughes/Vader. It's ten or twelve minutes of mostly the Steiners tossing Vader and Hughes around. It's so much fun. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beech27 said:

Current Suzuki vs athletic, underdog babyface Kobashi circa 1993 or so would've been my favorite matchup, rather than God-tier ace Kobashi and a Suzuki who could really only skulk and grab for submissions that were always unlikely to work. It was more "when will Kobashi kill this jerk?" rather than truly competitive.

After watching the match I somewhat agree, though I liked it more. Still felt like they needed about six minutes of Suzuki on offense sucked out, or -- and this would have really been dope -- had RINGS rules with points taken on rope breaks and downs. The NOAH standard pro rules were too open for these two; they needed a structure to benefit Suzuki. Of course if it was current Suzuki like John wanted facing that era Kobashi it would probably have worked perfectly. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The Revival is going to be in a big match on Raw for the third week in a row. I strongly oppose your negativity.

Okay, I'll admit it's nice seeing our modern Brainbusters work the names they're pushing at the top of the card. The only thing is it feels like, and will probably end up being, an afterthought. 

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

That '96 feud with Fire & Ice is classic.

I was all the way in on Fire & Ice. 2 giant dudes that whipped each other's asses then hooked up as a tag team? Fuck yeah. Count me in. I was hella geeked when they were on the same Battlebowl team, I always hoped they would get a run with the belts, even if only for a few weeks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Victator said:

What are they going to do to the dog? If it goes around attacking people unprovoked, it needs to be put to sleep. 

a. Your sig is way too big.

b. A fully trained drug-sniffing dog will not bite...Unless you have or recently have had drugs on you.  I sincerely doubt Shinsuke is a member of the Straight-Edge Society.

c. You sig is way too big. 

For some reason I was thinking about this today and the list of active wrestlers who faced Andre the Giant is like less than a dozen and that is being really loose with the term "active"

2 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I somehow always forget how much I loved London and Kendrick in 2006. They'd be another pair I'd love to see against early '90s Steiners.

Of course I could say that about nearly any team I enjoy. 

I think LonDrick might not survive that.

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

For some reason I was thinking about this today and the list of active wrestlers who faced Andre the Giant is like less than a dozen and that is being really loose with the term "active"

Does Canek count?

39 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

a. Your sig is way too big.

b. A fully trained drug-sniffing dog will not bite...Unless you have or recently have had drugs on you.  I sincerely doubt Shinsuke is a member of the Straight-Edge Society.

c. You sig is way too big. 

A. Rippa gave me permission, so no it isn't.

B. I don't think a dog should be biting people who have recently had drugs, so fuck the dog and whoever trained it. 

C. No it isn't.

19 minutes ago, Victator said:

A. Rippa gave me permission, so no it isn't.

I said to make sure you promote it in your signature - not make it the size of a city block

I was gone 98% of the last few days otherwise I would have told you your signature was too big

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I said to make sure you promote it in your signature - not make it the size of a city block

I was gone 98% of the last few days otherwise I would have told you your signature was too big

Its like the size of a postcard depending upon your monitor. Unless you are browsing on a computer made by Texas Instruments, I don't think its a problem. But I changed it anyway.