DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

She was also the best guest performer at Nirvana’s HoF induction. It’s a shame they had to swap her out for Lorde and ...ugh, Kim Gordon. Don’t get me wrong, I like some SY stuff, but outside of “Kool Thing” and “Bull In the Heather”, I cant stand her vocals. 

Btw, happy birthday, OSJ. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I started collecting wrestling figures again in 2011. I can't figure out why Goldberg did not get one figure, beyond being included with a seventy dollar ring. I was looking at the SDCC display and it looks like they are going to make one. 

6 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Anywho, since this is actually a wrestling thread, if anyone is looking for the Bullet Club Pop Vinyls, Kenny and Cody are out now.  Not sure about the Young Bucks two-pack.

The Young Bucks ones are out as well. Ironically they were the only ones I found at my local Hot Topic. But I was told they were getting a shipment of new ones in soon (mainly the SDCC ones she claims) so I'm going to double check in a few hours. (Mainly because I want the Dead Yamcha one)

I don't watch much actual WWE TV live but I did see a few minutes of Smackdown this week and I was impressed by how well WWE layered ads in for Raw, with a specific match already on the books, and even, relatively early in the show, the next week's Smackdown. I'm used to years of the GM creating the card after a 15 minute promo to start the show, and being able to advertise in advance is hugely preferable.

• Like 1

Smackdown, especially, they usually have 2 or 3 matches announced before the day of.

The main event of 205 Live is also usually known a week prior.

RAW is the one that for the most part is still fly by the seat of their pants

43 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Smackdown, especially, they usually have 2 or 3 matches announced before the day of.

The main event of 205 Live is also usually known a week prior.

RAW is the one that for the most part is still fly by the seat of their pants

While I agree, its interesting that the WWE website does the opposite. Raw usually has a preview up 3-4 days in advance, while SDL's is only put up the night before the show.

SDL is definitely more social media driven (specifically Twitter and Instagram) especially since Paige has been GM

Like they have a couple of times booked matches based on guys going back and forth on Twitter.

Meltzer noted that guys are encouraged to continue their feuds on social media (obviously within reason).

It helps that most of the guy who are really savvy on social media are on SDL

Wait. Wait. Why is everyone inferring Austin Aries is a truther from "You have no idea what my views are on those events or others, other than I don’t take what I am told via the TV and media as honest truth"

I don't take what I'm told by the media as honest truth either, and you don't know what my views on those events are. Doesn't mean I'm immediately to be tarnished as a truther!

You people. Seriously, this month has been the shits on this board. Has the summer heat sent you all loopy and contentious?

Here's a great bout between a suspected Klu Klux Klan member and someone who probably said or did something bad once. Enjoy:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Wait. Wait. Why is everyone inferring Austin Aries is a truther from "You have no idea what my views are on those events or others, other than I don’t take what I am told via the TV and media as honest truth"

Because he retweeted a bunch of Alex Jones clips alleging as much after both Boston and Sandy Hook, and the internet has a long memory. He's sorta walked back his position to the standard "Just asking questions! You should see views from both sides!" cop-out, for what that's worth. (It's worth nothing.) It's pretty easy, if you don't want to be called a truther, to say you're not one. Refusing to do so is always going to raise eyebrows.

• Like 4

On 7/17/2018 at 8:24 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Good.  Neither can Grohl.

#hottake

This is Dave Grohl on drums sounding Bonham-like, any questions? 

• Like 1

Jesus Christ.. The Dave Grohl comment:  It.  Was.  A. Joke.    I cannot believe I have to actually explain this. 

Also, under NO fucking circumstances are we about to have a Sandy fucking Hook truther argument.   Not for Aries, not for Ronda, not for any fucking one.

Go do something productive before you do something dumb on this board.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Yeah - let's forget who started the garbage that got the Hogan thread closed 

That thread of great insightful debate that was never possibly going to be shut down? You know where the ignore button is...

13 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Jesus Christ.. The Dave Grohl comment:  It.  Was.  A. Joke.    I cannot believe I have to actually explain this. 

Sorry, you didn't use a smiley face and I have become used to people having strange opinions on the internetz. Olive branch extended.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Sorry, you didn't use a smiley face and I have become used to people having strange opinions on the internetz. Olive branch extended.

Most of the strange opinions come from you

• Like 2
  • Haha 3