DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

I don't know any other wrestling board where I could get long running bits involving Batistas fashion sense, the Studd Stable, Seinfeld memes, Mark Henry love, March Madness screw job finishes and most importantly Pitbull.

They don't have any of that on Reddit.

I also didn't realise Rovert was Trevor backwards until just there.  Like Rellik.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, FlaeBlazer said:

What’s the worst? The WON board?

Also what do you hate about Wreddit? I hate Wreddit too but I wanna hear somebody else’s grievances about it.

My issues with Wreddit is all the WWE only fans that hate on  anything not WWE. But don't watch anything but WWE.

The worst forum is the Freaking Awesome Network forums. They started off as the official Wrestlecrap forums. But the guy behind Wrestlecrap got tired of the shit at the forums and removed the official status. So The Official Wrestlecrap Forums became the Freaking Awesome Network forums. They are full of wrestling fans that hate pretty much all wrestling. But watch WWE every week and complain about how bad it is. 

Add in that the mods pick and choose who the rules apply to and you got a pretty shitty forum.

Never bothered with the WON forums. Mostly cause lots of the asshats from other forums post there. 

BTW the new Official Wrestlecrap forums,The Craphole,are pretty crappy. But that is cause the Admin refuses to ban trolls and does nothing really. In the past year it has went from about 70 regular posters to maybe 10 now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobholly138 said:

My issues with Wreddit is all the WWE only fans that hate on  anything not WWE. But don't watch anything but WWE.

Literally the primary reason why I got tired of Wreddit. The worst part of it is they play the victim and constantly complain about NJPW elitists and indie fanboys even though they are the majority and most of the sub only watches WWE.

So many people there talk negatively about promotions they don’t watch. I remember seeing people there mock NJPW for having a low Cow Palace attendance and I saw some people talk about how Slammiversary was held in a “high school gym”.

I remember when All In was announced and they were laughing at the idea of it selling 10,000 and when it sold out, they moved the goalposts and started talking about how scalpers took all the tickets. When it came out that scalpers took very few tickets, they started saying that the achievement wasn’t special because it’s a one time show. I once got in an exchange with a WWE fan who without any proof refused to believe that All In sold out. I kept asking what their evidence was and they just told me “I’m of the opinion that they didn’t sell out”. I hate willfully ignorant people.

The same people who said All In had no chance of a sell-out are saying the G1 Supercard won’t sell-out. When it does sell-out, they’re gonna pull the “PIGGYBACK OFF WRESTLEMANIA?” card. As if every NXT TakeOver outside of Full Sail hasn’t piggybacked off a WWE main roster event. 

7 hours ago, Beech27 said:

"How big is Batista's IWC community leader?"

I'm incredibly tired right now but that made me laugh so hard. Batista is a legend between piranesi's fashion watch, Sinbad always asking about how big his member is, and the pink polo. He also wrestled too apparently.

1 hour ago, bobholly138 said:

Isn't Kaiju dead? Last I looked Crush Kill Crush was pretty dead. What about Wrestling Fans Suck?

Kaiju was fucking awesome and I miss it.

6 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

Rovert is the best example of the current wave of people who get scoops are- and how someone who can be pretty accurate with their scoops can be sank by "...but THIS FUCKING GUY" more than anything, and if you're too much of "...but THIS FUCKING GUY", it will inevitably get to "You know, I'd rather be wrong than be right and be on THIS asshole's side."

Sounds like he makes vague guesses and after the fact claims he is right. Any of us could do that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

"How big is Batista's IWC community leader?"

I'm incredibly tired right now but that made me laugh so hard. Batista is a legend between piranesi's fashion watch, Sinbad always asking about how big his member is, and the pink polo. He also wrestled too apparently.

Kaiju was fucking awesome and I miss it.

Kaiju was fun. I was offline for about a year and that is when it ended and Crush Kill Crush started. I wouldn't have known what happened by Bix's cousin let me know what was going on.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

Batista is a legend between piranesi's fashion watch, Sinbad always asking about how big his member is, and the pink polo. He also wrestled too apparently.

He was also subjectively the best part of two blockbuster movies, and was objectively the best part of a really shitty RVD starring vehicle.

22 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

He was also subjectively the best part of two blockbuster movies, and was objectively the best part of a really shitty RVD starring vehicle.

Batista should have been cast in the My Big Fat Greek Wedding movies as Toula's gay cousin, Angelo rather than Joey Fatone.

4 minutes ago, Eivion said:

It leans towards generally positive with occasional annoyances from what I've gathered.

How do this forum feel about other NJPW guys or the product in general?

In my time skimming through PWO, it seems like a large portion of that forum really doesn’t like modern New Japan and I hope this place isn’t the same considering it’s my current favorite promotion.

People here like what they like dislike what they dislike and others respect that and there’s more conversations over why one feels the way they feel than there is arguing over difference of opions.

i always I misspell words all the time and am terrible at remembering to  use punctuation. 

I think if you really want to sum up a consensus here on Kenny Omega, it would be "he's good, but he's not as good as Meltzer thinks he is"

Or maybe I just assume everyone thinks the same way I do.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think if you really want to sum up a consensus here on Kenny Omega, it would be "he's good, but he's not as good as Meltzer thinks he is"

Or maybe I just assume everyone thinks the same way I do.

How does this place feel about Okada? 

He’s my favorite wrestler right now.

I assume this place would prefer him over Omega.

If it wasn't for this place I'd probably still be watching Raw. I can credit the posters on here for talking about guys like Okada, Omega, Young Bucks etc that got me interested in things that weren't WWE. 7 months later I've dropped the network, got NJPW World and haven't watched a minute of Raw or Smackdown. Quite honestly it has been bliss. I don't even read the Raw threads anymore. 

• RIPPA locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic