DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Bingo

My personal preference is to only listen to shows Meltzer is on

Oh yeah - that would be another con of the message board. Alvarez posts a lot

And some of us are print newsletter only and avoid the board and audio and site completely.  :)

9 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

And some of us are print newsletter only and avoid the board and audio and site completely:)

Do you not get access to the audio with the print newsletter or is this just a preference?

And where the hell do you keep all of the back issues?!

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Look, are you a Fed?

Why do they still have a thousand plus page thread for only pics of jailbait or did they finally nuke that after Dave started posting? 

5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Do you not get access to the audio with the print newsletter or is this just a preference?

And where the hell do you keep all of the back issues?!

I believe if you are print only, you dont get the audio. They used to have a deal (and still might) where the website is $X and $X+Y also gets you the print version. I figure any audio from Dave I might want to hear will turn up on YouTube. 

And I have many boxes of Observers going back to 1990. Plus digital copies from the 80s. 

19 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I believe if you are print only, you dont get the audio. They used to have a deal (and still might) where the website is $X and $X+Y also gets you the print version. I figure any audio from Dave I might want to hear will turn up on YouTube. 

And I have many boxes of Observers going back to 1990. Plus digital copies from the 80s. 

Wait, you don't keep them scattered all over your floor like Dave?! It's too funny when you hear him get out from his chair and scrunching paper up.

My OCD (is it OCD when it's that bad tho?) would be in meltdown if I saw that in real life.

5 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Rollins is getting another IC title shot at SummerSlam, despite failing. But not a peep. Because Rollins, for reasons only Satan knows why.

Besides, that trope is old hat. The "I am Stone Cold/HHH/John Cena/Roman Reigns so I get good matches even when I don't ask for them" rule isn't new.

Are you secretly Roman Reigns, or do you just have this board set to notify you whenever he's mentioned?

9 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The most convincing thing the video does is strengthen the argument of the "Wreddit is awful" guy. 

Out of all the wrestling forums I have seen Wreddit is the second worst. But hell I have been here since 99 or 2000. 

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Pro is Meltzer posts their occasionally... which might be a con for some

Other than that there are no pros

Basically if you wanted the message board equivalent of Mos Eisley Cantina... you found it

I thought the wrestling forum version of Mos Eisley Cantina was Freaking Awesome Network.....

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bobholly138 said:

Out of all the wrestling forums I have seen Wreddit is the second worst. But hell I have been here since 99 or 2000. 

What’s the worst? The WON board?

Also what do you hate about Wreddit? I hate Wreddit too but I wanna hear somebody else’s grievances about it.

They're both full of people who act like assholes who don't know anything, but pretend like they do based on whatever their specific bias is for or against. Not a lot of room for variety of opinions. People here disagree a lot, but it doesn't, usually, lead to outright 4chan or 8chan level crap I used to see back in the day on the WON boards. Reddit I imagine has similar lowlifes.

The WON board is so SO much better than it used to be.

That being said, it's still terrible.

To me, $3.99 would be worth it just to go in and download all the Monday Night War Tuesday podcasts as they go week-to-week reviewing every RAW and Nitro.  They're at mid-99 right now.  Reviews of the newer stuff can be blah unless it's something so great or so terrible, but I'm a big fan of their retro stuff.  They also do mid-80s Crockett on Sundays and other old shows on the Network.  But if you're not a podcast person, it may not be worth the money.

Use to post here, got pissy that we didn't take him seriously as Meltzer, whined we didn't maintain his high standard of conversation.  I think Rippa's signature quote is from one of his whining sessions.

4 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Use to post here, got pissy that we didn't take him seriously as Meltzer, whined we didn't maintain his high standard of conversation.  I think Rippa's signature quote is from one of his whining sessions.

We lost him before the Bram Strobelight craze, right?