DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

The most convincing thing the video does is strengthen the argument of the "Wreddit is awful" guy. 

That argument needed strengthening?

17 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Wasn’t he part of the WBF until Vince “made it clean”?

He was in the audience at WM 7. 

3 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I agree. Roman should have won all of those matches. 

I think someone made a genie wish of "I hope Roman never wins the Universal Title". Now we are all stuck in purgatory. 

6 minutes ago, FlaeBlazer said:

What are the pros and cons of the WON board?

Is it actually worse than Wreddit?

Pro is Meltzer posts their occasionally... which might be a con for some

Other than that there are no pros

Basically if you wanted the message board equivalent of Mos Eisley Cantina... you found it

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Pro is Meltzer posts their occasionally... which might be a con for some

Other than that there are no pros

Basically if you wanted the message board equivalent of Mos Eisley Cantina... you found it

So if I get the Observer, just focus on the radio and newsletter content and avoid the board?

1 hour ago, FlaeBlazer said:

So if I get the Observer, just focus on the radio and newsletter content and avoid the board?

Bingo

My personal preference is to only listen to shows Meltzer is on

Oh yeah - that would be another con of the message board. Alvarez posts a lot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlaeBlazer said:

They have a very select few posters who are actually super knowledgeable and not gross, borderline incel creeps, sadly. Like the two prevalent mods seem like really good people in a bad situation. pto, I think it is, watches lots of Japanese indies and is great with conversing on things like DDT. But overall, it's a pretty horrendous place and I only lurk if I'm extra thirsty for wrestling chatter. 

The B&V shows are generally quality, though I'm not a fan of having Alvarez's grandmother on so they can basically laugh at how an old lady can butcher names of wrestlers and moves. She actually drops some pretty amazing takes once every other month or so, like when she said all the NXT/WWE matches are the same. Filthy Tom's recaps of SD are pretty hilarious too and sometimes the awkward banter between him and Alvarez is enjoyable. Overall, it's great value in my mind and I generally don't even bother with the newsletter anymore unless there's a big story I'm interested in. I should probably glean through it more often though as there's always some good nuggets of information that don't get mentioned in the radio shows. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Bingo

My personal preference is to only listen to shows Meltzer is on

Oh yeah - that would be another con of the message board. Alvarez posts a lot

And some of us are print newsletter only and avoid the board and audio and site completely.  :)

9 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

And some of us are print newsletter only and avoid the board and audio and site completely:)

Do you not get access to the audio with the print newsletter or is this just a preference?

And where the hell do you keep all of the back issues?!

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Look, are you a Fed?

Why do they still have a thousand plus page thread for only pics of jailbait or did they finally nuke that after Dave started posting? 

5 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Do you not get access to the audio with the print newsletter or is this just a preference?

And where the hell do you keep all of the back issues?!

I believe if you are print only, you dont get the audio. They used to have a deal (and still might) where the website is $X and $X+Y also gets you the print version. I figure any audio from Dave I might want to hear will turn up on YouTube. 

And I have many boxes of Observers going back to 1990. Plus digital copies from the 80s. 

19 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I believe if you are print only, you dont get the audio. They used to have a deal (and still might) where the website is $X and $X+Y also gets you the print version. I figure any audio from Dave I might want to hear will turn up on YouTube. 

And I have many boxes of Observers going back to 1990. Plus digital copies from the 80s. 

Wait, you don't keep them scattered all over your floor like Dave?! It's too funny when you hear him get out from his chair and scrunching paper up.

My OCD (is it OCD when it's that bad tho?) would be in meltdown if I saw that in real life.

5 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Rollins is getting another IC title shot at SummerSlam, despite failing. But not a peep. Because Rollins, for reasons only Satan knows why.

Besides, that trope is old hat. The "I am Stone Cold/HHH/John Cena/Roman Reigns so I get good matches even when I don't ask for them" rule isn't new.

Are you secretly Roman Reigns, or do you just have this board set to notify you whenever he's mentioned?