DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

4 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I know there's at least one match I won't be fast forwarding through tonight.

I will watch RAW for the 1st time in over a year!

14 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Good for him. I haven’t listened to it (and probably won’t), but are they actual songs or just gimmick songs?

Gimmick songs, basically. He insults towns, “walk with me”, etc. But they’re probably vague enough—if not good enough—to be “actual” if you didn’t know he was a wrestler. It’s competent; neither surprisingly good nor hilariously awful.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And apparently Alex Shelley has announced his retirement

Alex Shelley has been one of my favorite wrestlers since about 2004. I kind of wish WWE had signed Shelley and Sabin for nxt while Austin Aries was there and did a version of Generation Next with Aries, Strong, Shelley, and Sabin. 

• Like 2

I'm listening to WOR and Dave is making it sound like Riddle did sign with WWE and picked them over NJPW, but I haven't seen that anywhere else. Did Dave just fuck up his wording as per usual when he meant to say he thinks he'll pick WWE over NJPW?

20 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm listening to WOR and Dave is making it sound like Riddle did sign with WWE and picked them over NJPW, but I haven't seen that anywhere else. Did Dave just fuck up his wording as per usual when he meant to say he thinks he'll pick WWE over NJPW?

I don't think it was that so much the case that Dave said that he was told that Bushiroad will never allow Riddle to work for New Japan

Riddle was telling people recently that he chose WWE over NJPW and that weed wasn't an issue with NJPW (don't get that part but whatever). I would've loved to see him fuck shit up in New Japan but it was time either way. He and Lee had stagnated a bit on the indies. When people ask about 'if not Roman, who?' Matt Riddle is who. He's got it all. Only things I can see going wrong is him not fitting in with the corporate structure of wwe or not being able to pull off scripted promos/being given the RVD treatment with those scripted promos.