DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

34 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There's a knockout artist and hero to many in nxt that should have been brought up to take Sheamus' spot in the team instead of leaving Claudio off tv.

Tell the truth, I think it's better Cesaro's off TV with Sheamus's injury because it can lead to a natural story for him this way.

The whole "I was told for two years Smackdown was the right place for me and I'd be a World Champion here, but they won't even put me on the show...I thought this was the land of opportunity!" would be a great start of something.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Tell the truth, I think it's better Cesaro's off TV with Sheamus's injury because it can lead to a natural story for him this way.

The whole "I was told for two years Smackdown was the right place for me and I'd be a World Champion here, but they won't even put me on the show...I thought this was the land of opportunity!" would be a great start of something.

That's better than Chris Hero being on TV how? ;)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I can't remember ever seeing a championship belt with a realistic face design before.  Probably a reason for that cause those women's tag belts are weird looking.  All they had to do was take the plume off the men's design and they would've had amazon helmets.

I legit don't think the current writing team has any idea who Kurt Angle is so they just write him like he's Foley which is why he's so weird when it comes to the women.  Kayfabe-wise there's no way Stephanie McMahon would've clued him in about women's tag belts or Great Lady Balls Of Fire the event.

• Like 2

LOOOOOOOOOL  I called the Komen tie-in a few weeks ago!  If you can take four whole hours of Stephanie congratulating herself for singlehandedly bringing back women's wrestling, while at the same time enduring four hours of glurge stories about Komen raising AWARENESS~!, you're a far more patient man than I.

Right now, Vince & Dunn are workshopping PPV names that are at the same time strong and yet still involve some kind of breast reference.  "Tittymania" has already been vetoed.

I'd bet a lot that it's probably going to be Ladies Night because nothing screams women's revolution in WWE than a nod to no cover and half-priced drinks for women.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I like Ohno just fine, but I can't say I understand why rehashing ROH (again) would be better than giving Cesaro the singles push most here have been clamoring for over the last five years. 

Agree completely. Especially when you consider the SmackDown singles scene featuring AJ, Joe, Bryan, Nakamura, Hardy, Rusev, etc. It seems counterintuitive to lock Cesaro into the tag scene when there's all that meat for him at the top of the card.

And it might just be my imagination, but I wouldn't be shocked to hear Ohno is settling nicely into his player-coach role in NXT. 

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I'd bet a lot that it's probably going to be Ladies Night because nothing screams women's revolution in WWE than a nod to no cover and half-priced drinks for women.

Somebody please show Vince "The Wedding Singer", so we can get Jon Lovitz opening the show with his cover of "Ladies Night".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I like Ohno just fine, but I can't say I understand why rehashing ROH (again) would be better than giving Cesaro the singles push most here have been clamoring for over the last five years. 

I just don't see Claudio ever getting the singles push he deserves. Of course, I want him in the main event scene, but if I can't have that, I'm ok with him teaming with Hero again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

My guess (given how tone deaf Vince generally is):

WWE That Time of Month

• Like 1
  • Haha 2