DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That makes the most sense. I hope they announce the return of the women's tag titles to go along with it.

Assuming Carmella no longer has the SDL women's title by then, that would be a great time to do Charlotte/Asuka II.

1 minute ago, RIShane said:

Assuming Carmella no longer has the SDL women's title by then, that would be a great time to do Charlotte/Asuka II.

With Asuka winning, of course!

25 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Prediction for the first champs: The Wacky Waving Inflatable Lovers

Carmella and Ellsworth in drag. Because "GOD DAMN PAL! HE'S A MAN AND HE'S WEARING A DRESS! THAT'S GOD DAMN FUNNY!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

By Mike Johnson on 2018-07-20 13:53:00
In regard to the teased WWE announcement this Monday, there’s been talk in the last several weeks of a women’s PPV featuring talents from the main roster coming out of a report from ProWrestlingSheet.com.

Several female performers in the company have confirmed to PWInsider.com that they were told recently it was something the company has been working on developing.

PWInsider.com has been told by one source the show would take place in September at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, Long Island.  Attempts to get WWE to confirm thus far have been unsuccessful.  

res·o·lu·tion

noun
  1. 1.
    a firm decision to do or not to do something.
    "she kept her resolution not to see Anne any more"
    synonyms: intention, resolve, decision, intent, aim, plan; More

2. 2.
    the action of solving a problem, dispute, or contentious matter.
    "the peaceful resolution of all disputes"
    synonyms: solution to, answer to, end to, ending to, settlement of, conclusion to
    "a satisfactory resolution of the problem"

WWE: Women's Resolution

Because rhyming and branding. 

No, I'm not serious. 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Due to it being Steph - most are speculating that it will be the announcement of the All Women PPV

"We have officially begun the process for canonization into sainthood in the new WWE PANTHEON OR MORAL INFALLIBILITY!  Our first three inductees are The Fabulous Moolah, Hulk Hogan, and Saudi Prince Amid "Virgin Killer" Abdulaziz! Also note that Saudi Prince Amid "Virgin Killer" Abdulaziz will be be launching a special "Moral Infallibility Infusion" directly into the DeutscheBank account we have set up for the WWE PANTHEON OF MORAL INFALLIBILITY!!!!!

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Carmella and Ellsworth in drag. Because "GOD DAMN PAL! HE'S A MAN AND HE'S WEARING A DRESS! THAT'S GOD DAMN FUNNY!!"

Fuck, don't give VKM any ideas.

• Like 1

Supposedly the Women's Tag Titles will be announce (this is from that INSIDER~! belt guy who generally knows all the WWE things ahead of time)

Belts will be white leather.

The bigger news is that supposedly they will be defended across all 4 brands (Raw, Smackdown, NXT and NXT UK)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Was Barry defending the NWA Title at NWA Shows at the time? Were there even NWA shows or was it all under WCW? I consider him to be a World Champion. Now, if it happened later with that WCW International stuff, I would not say he was a world champion. Barry could have easily been champion in 87 or 88 in place of Ronnie Garvin.

Speaking of the NWA, I think Billy Corgan and Dave Lagana are doing an amazing job with it. I mean I'm actually invested into the outcome of a Flip Gordon match because of the Ten Pounds of Gold. I'm so glad the NWA World's Championship is being elevated again.

As was said NWA left WCW, because they would not let Flair defend it in SMW.  I don't know why WCW was so pissy about SMW. Vince was helping smaller promotions which benefited him and cost little. But WCW seemed intent on crushing indies. 

I lost my enthusiasm with Corgan, when Magnus was his pick to be champion. 

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Supposedly the Women's Tag Titles will be announce (this is from that INSIDER~! belt guy who generally knows all the WWE things ahead of time)

The bigger news is that supposedly they will be defended across all 4 brands (Raw, Smackdown, NXT and NXT UK)

I was wondering if this might be the case. It makes sense with none of the rosters having more than 10 or so women.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2018 at 5:14 PM, Phantom Lord said:

Ziggler is on Kennedy's show a couple of times a month on Fox Business. In theory we could see a Zig Zag on someone.

They are or at least were dating. Oddly enough, as I was going through my backlog of screenshots last night, I had captured them at a Phillies game a literal year ago, when Dolph caught a foul ball.

10 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Flair's podcast was pretty good at first, but after a dozen episodes or so you could tell he stopped putting much effort into it. 

Agreed. Half the time was him saying how shitty his contemporaries were health-wise. That and it sounded like he was on a pay phone at a Holiday Inn. 

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Did Dan make them or Leather Rebels? I saw the mockups of the belts. They’re not bad. I’m on board with the cross-brand defenses. I think they should do it to all of the titles. 

• Like 1