DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

22 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

He retired and went beck to his full time IT job, which was @OSJ's joke meant

I was only partially joking, this fuck needs his ass kicked. Whatever happened to the Beatdown Bus?

• Like 2

The setting: America, 2018. We cut to a struggling wrestler, monologuing in the locker room.

Man, the crowd’s just not responding to me, no matter how much I cheat. I need a gimmick that people immediately hate—like, something so reprehensible that no American would ever cheer it.

I know! I’ll be a Nazi! People will always hate Nazis, right?

• Haha 6

21 minutes ago, Control said:

The setting: America, 2018. We cut to a struggling wrestler, monologuing in the locker room.

Man, the crowd’s just not responding to me, no matter how much I cheat. I need a gimmick that people immediately hate—like, something so reprehensible that no American would ever cheer it.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Hah. Wow. I thought it was a crack at how all IT guys are skinny white guys.

Only half.  The other half are fat white guys.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, FluffSnackwell said:

If not for the art deco furniture, I'd ask how prehistoric these two fucks were when they took their feud to Red Eye?

Ziggler is on Kennedy's show a couple of times a month on Fox Business. In theory we could see a Zig Zag on someone.

Edit: Does that guy who wrestled on JAPW shows as Crazy Ivan still wrestle? I know I remember him doing a Neo Nazi gimmick unless I'm thinking of someone else. He would usually get trounced by Dan Maff or Monster Mack.

Edited by Phantom Lord

2 hours ago, Control said:

There were a lot of fine people in that locker room 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 hour ago, Raziel said:

Only half.  The other half are fat white guys.

And the occasional woman with way more patience than anyone should have to need.

6 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I have had so much fun going to Indy shows this year. The New South show on the 7th was amazing and the main event was my match of the year. I wondered why I was not more into independent wrestling. 

Now I remember.

7 hours ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

It's fine that Rousey is a Sandy Hook truther, but not Aries?

She's ? not ? gonna ? fuck ? you?

She she might.... I mean like if there was a um big apocalypse and she had a mental breakdown and lost her sense of sight and smell.....

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Wait. Wait. Why is everyone inferring Austin Aries is a truther from "You have no idea what my views are on those events or others, other than I don’t take what I am told via the TV and media as honest truth"

I don't take what I'm told by the media as honest truth either, and you don't know what my views on those events are. Doesn't mean I'm immediately to be tarnished as a truther!

You people. Seriously, this month has been the shits on this board. Has the summer heat sent you all loopy and contentious?

Here's a great bout between a suspected Klu Klux Klan member and someone who probably said or did something bad once. Enjoy:

How dare you, Barry Windham is an angel from heaven. 

Speaking of Barry, how does everyone view the NWA title in 93? Does it qualify as a World title? I thought that was the second best run of Barry's career and think he was equal to Vader in terms of importance on the card. It was a shame that Barry's knee was messed up before the match with Ric Flair. So they had a decent mid card match, that was nothing compared to what they were doing in 1987. 

I think people undersell the importance of the NWA belt today. Its nothing like the 70's or 80's, but its still cool to have that link to the past. I still think it could be a valuable asset in wrestling. 

6 hours ago, OSJ said:

Nah, I love OG, but lobster trumps Italian food every time. It's way more expensive, but that's probably because I can't control myself and always order double lobsters...

Might just be I grew up on the Gulf Coast in a family full of shrimpers and fishermen,but I find Red Lobster's seafood to be horrible. But then so far I haven't found a chain place yet that has good seafood. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bobholly138 said:

Might just be I grew up on the Gulf Coast in a family full of shrimpers and fishermen,but I find Red Lobster's seafood to be horrible. But then so far I haven't found a chain place yet that has good seafood. 

I grew up in Seattle, one of my best friends skippered a crab boat, one time he brought over two garbage bags full of king crab legs and asked if my room mate and I wanted them... Silly question, when my wife got home we both almost unconscious from stuffing ourselves. Yeah, I know good seafood, but in NM I'll take what I can get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RolandTHTG said:

It's strange how in the context of things, Rock cutting grossly homophobic and anti-trans promos twice a week for about 10 years gets well overlooked.

He did have a thing about sticking things in people's asses, didn't he? I just assumed he was really fond of anal.

• Haha 1

Easier to smash Hogan for his values, because essentially based on the age demographic, they aren't *our* values. But Rock is pretty much our age, and having to harshly assess his views and comments, means we have to confront our own dubious values and approval of that when we were that age, which isn't as satisfying.

25 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

It's strange how in the context of things, Rock cutting grossly homophobic and anti-trans promos twice a week for about 10 years gets well overlooked.

Didn't Brock make a bunch of homophobic comments in an ESPN interview several years back?