DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

5 minutes ago, OSJ said:

Sorry, you didn't use a smiley face and I have become used to people having strange opinions on the internetz. Olive branch extended.

Be careful it's not a branch from Olive Garden. Then, Virgil might show up with that fuck money for endless salad and breadsticks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Reprehensible.

If people did that to Melissa Santos at the Lucha Underground tapings the audience would never get to leave

(you're lucky if you watch on TV where they edit it to work smoothly)

Also I feel like you have to be extra shitty to be a truther when your girlfriend's father died in the 9/11 attacks, but hey, she's probably an ex-girlfriend for a pretty good reason.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Most of the strange opinions come from you

You're such a funny fellow, young RIPPA! 

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Be careful it's not a branch from Olive Garden. Then, Virgil might show up with that fuck money for endless salad and breadsticks.

I would so tape "My Lunch with Virgil" as a follow-up to "My Breakfast with Blassie"; license to print money, I tell you!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

As one who has watched very little LU - was that during the Penta breaks everyone's arm phase?

Ah, the arm-breaking run. That was so great.

2 minutes ago, OSJ said:

I would so tape "My Lunch with Virgil" as a follow-up to "My Breakfast with Blassie"; license to print money, I tell you!

I would watch the hell out of "My Lunch with Virgil".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sammo~! said:

"My lunch with Virgil" ends with Virgil conning you into paying for his meal even though he's got all that fuck money.

Well, duh.

Each episode starts with Virgil bumming a ride from someone to OG.

Each episode ends with Virgil saying he's gotta use the bathroom and then never returning.

COME ON WWE NETWORK! MAKE. THIS. HAPPEN.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's why you go to Olive Garden, in case he does stick you with the bill. If Virgil starts talking about taking you to Peter Luger steakhouse or Ruth's Chris, then you know you're getting stuck.

With Virgil, I'd figure anything above Red Lobster is a big warning sign.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OSJ said:

With Virgil, I'd figure anything above Red Lobster is a big warning sign.

That's why you're ok with OG.  It's the same level.

• Like 2

Yeah, but Red Lobster doesn't have unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks (meat sauce is extra). If it's October though, there's unlimited shrimp at Red Lobster.

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

That's why you're ok with OG.  It's the same level.

Nah, I love OG, but lobster trumps Italian food every time. It's way more expensive, but that's probably because I can't control myself and always order double lobsters...

• Like 1

I'm still watching lots of Stampede. Bret Hart was a dope FIP. Honestly, '79/'80 Stampede is pretty good, but you can tell that Bret and Dynamite are the glue that hold things together, and I'm enjoying Big Daddy Ritter and the bits of his feud with Jake Roberts that I'm getting.

I also decided to start watching 1990 WCW Pro because fuck it, it's early '90s WCW and I'm typically a mark for that era and promotion. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

Ain't it the truth. Happy birthday, John, you crazy old man.

?

Old? I'm in my prime! Of course, we go back, what, 25 years? I well remember posts from the mean streets of Knoxville! Thanks, buddy!

• Like 1

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Somewhere, there's cruiserweight working as an IT professional that needs to kick this guy's ass!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1