DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

Between the Golden Lovers botch, what Son of Havoc posted today, and guys not catching others in Mexico, someone is going to get killed soon on a botched spot.  Too much sloppy stuff is finding its way to Twitter and nobody is calling anyone out on it.

It is starting to bother me with all of the missed spots and guys landing on their heads or the back of their necks.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, evilwaldo said:

Between the Golden Lovers botch, what Son of Havoc posted today, and guys not catching others in Mexico, someone is going to get killed soon on a botched spot.  Too much sloppy stuff is finding its way to Twitter and nobody is calling anyone out on it.

It is starting to bother me with all of the missed spots and guys landing on their heads or the back of their necks.

What was the GL botch? I don’t watch NJ but saw some gifs. Was it that stupid German suplex thing?

12 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

What was the GL botch? I don’t watch NJ but saw some gifs. Was it that stupid German suplex thing?

There has been more than one.  They did one finisher where they dropped their opponent on the back of their neck.  

Here is the Son of Havoc tweet.  Looks cool but then you watch again and see how his opponent lands.

https://twitter.com/MDoggMattCross/status/1018292067661963264

PPV related but not having to do anything with any matches

They made an announcement that Brock needs to either show up tomorrow on RAW or agree to defend the title or Angle will strip him of the title.

9 hours ago, evilwaldo said:

Here is the Son of Havoc tweet.  Looks cool but then you watch again and see how his opponent lands.

https://twitter.com/MDoggMattCross/status/1018292067661963264

I don't know shit about the practical mechanics of wrestling, but that seems like the fault of the opponent.  If a dude jumps on me from the top rope, I think I'd faceplant.  What I probably wouldn't do is damn near snap my neck trying to execute a front flip.

• Like 1

My mom called me to tell me she was in a conversation with someone in a Bullet Club shirt and was told about the of Dragon Gate, Canadian wrestling, and Bullet Clun Club (Even Bone Soldier) and she mentioned the Colony and Adreza Giant Panda.. 
Success! 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

What are some of the most prominent missed babyface/heel turns in the history of the business? i.e "in hindsight, this should have happened instead, the fans really wanted this to happen" or even just standard hindsight booking it properly...

1 - Bayley saying “fuck this” and stomping Sasha’s head in a few months ago.

I thought pairing her with Elias was brilliant and he would open a door to her darker side, that she would be the “only one who understands him” etc Lose the colours, get a hair cut, dress like a dirty, hipster fan girl and really commit.

2 - I think HBK going full time heel after the Hogan match would have been fun. Snarky, political, shooty Michaels bitching about Hogan ducking him on a rematch, how even after breaking his back for the fans they still cheered for scrubs like the Hardy Boys or Edge and Christian killing themselves etc

3 - I know he just turned heel but they missed a beat not having Orton go full blown tweeter with the “Outta Nowhere” gimmick. He could have been a free agent like Cena, signing one match deals only, and just dropping people left and right. Before, during and after matches. Backstage. On WWE network shows like Table For 3 or Ride Along... The whole last 2 years with him were missed.

4 - Cody turns heel and joins the Authority. Imagine if we had American Nightmare turning heel on his own father and brother, buying in with Seth Rollins and then becoming the golden boy when Seth got hurt. Cody could have been a massive player for WWE and would probably be in the upper mid card main eventer spot with guys like Miz, Balor, Rollins and Ziggler right now.

5 - Bray Wyatt turns face with Daniel Bryan, helps “tear down the machine”. I thought the perfect long term plan was for the Wyatts to turn face and remove Triple H (and The Authority) from our screens. When Bryan joined it was a poor heel turn but I think the real miss was not turning Wyatt and the family right after this to help back up Bryan against Evolution and the Shield in a 3 way struggle for power.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That should have been bully Ryback's catchphrase said in the same rhythm as the Feed Me More chant. Ryback could have handed out gold star stickers as well to people in the crowd. Truly a wasted opportunity by WWE. If anything sums up WWE (main roster), it's wasted opportunity.

Just the image of WWE fans in legion, wearing gold stars at shows.

You're not getting anywhere near enough love for this. J/s.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ace said:

Looks like the guy was taking his own bump to me.

Then she should learn how to work.  Being in the ring with someone and purposely bumping like that shows a lack of restraint.  He puts both himself and the people he is working with at risk if he cannot work properly.

Same goes for all the people who are botching moves, learn to work where you don't put others at risk of injury.

• RIPPA unlocked this topic