DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

Now back kinda relative to some of the current discussion

Three years ago today is what the are calling the start of the Women's Evolution (ie: the day they had everyone and their mother (except Bayley) debut on RAW)

And per WWE math (which is basically televised matches)

5) Nia Jax (41)

4) Bayley (42)

3) Becky Lynch (45)

2) Charlotte Flair (53)

1) Sasha Banks (58)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Three years ago today is what the are calling the start of the Women's Evolution (ie: the day they had everyone and their mother (except Bayley) debut on RAW)

5) Nia Jax (41)

4) Bayley (42)

3) Becky Lynch (45)

2) Charlotte Flair (53)

1) Sasha Banks (58)

Fan darlings getting wins that some will say don't matter versus Alexa (and to a lesser extent, Mella) getting the spotlight and the big moments and the big wins on the big stages. 

This is potentially weapons-grade argument fuel. I love it. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

5) Nia Jax (41)

4) Bayley (42)

3) Becky Lynch (45)

2) Charlotte Flair (53)

1) Sasha Banks (58)

Banks is best.

9 minutes ago, caley said:

So do we put any stock in this WWE to have two Wrestlemanias a year come 2020 rumor/speculation or is it just hot air?

I haven't heard this. Are we talking about doing Mania over two days? Or making SummerSlam a Mania-level show? Or is the rumour that they'll actually do an event called WrestleMania some time other than March/April to double-dip and take advantage of that brand recognition?

Maybe it can be like Royal Rumble this year, where an oppressive foreign government foots the bill for a second one. Maybe if you guys aren't at war with Iran by 2020, WWE can shop it to them as a way to one-up the Saudis. 

The "rumor" is coming from a random Canadian website that I have never heard of and a random Canadian I have never heard of (not that means anything)

So if one of you wants to defend Barnburner - now is your chance.

But the rumor is basically - the 2nd Mania would be the Saudi Arabian supershow they are going to put. So it would more be like Royal Rumble and Greatest Royal Rumble

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That being said - there is a difference between normal year ROH Mania show running against Takeover and MSG vs. Brooklyn V

Yeah, it means now they'll need to lean on New Japan more than usual to sell tickets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caley said:

So do we put any stock in this WWE to have two Wrestlemanias a year come 2020 rumor/speculation or is it just hot air?

I imagine the idea is doing something similar to this year's Australia super show in different parts of the world every year.  I wouldn't be surprised if they tried doing a stadium show in the UK next year.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

God - now I am trying to decide if Vince would be a worse owner for the Knicks than James Dolan

OUR STAR PLAYER IS NAMED PORZINGIS? NO ONE'S GONNA BE ABLE TO SAY THAT. I CAN'T GET A SLAV OVER IN NEW YORK. GET ME GEORGE MIKAN'S AGENT ON THE PHONE, PAL!

"Sir, George Mikan has been dead for over a decade."

DAMMIT! I GUESS WE'LL HAVE TO PUSH A BLACK THEN. RING UP WALT FRAZIER'S PEOPLE. TELL 'EM WE HAVE A SPOT FOR HIM. WE'LL CALL HIM WALLY D AND HAVE HIM WEAR A DU-RAG WHEN HE PLAYS. 

/sorry, it was funny to me at least

• Like 1

Not nearly funny enough to double-post, however. 

As I said earlier, I'm watching late '70s Stampede and enjoying it immensely. I need to drop some quickie reviews here just for fun. 

On 7/13/2018 at 1:13 PM, RIPPA said:

The "rumor" is coming from a random Canadian website that I have never heard of and a random Canadian I have never heard of....

Is this your way of asking us to name random Canadians you have heard of?

I'll start.

Will Sasso.

• Haha 2