DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

An update on the WWE's PPV schedule... which actually seemingly plays into this discussion of titles

Sources within World Wrestling Entertainment have confirmed to PWInsider.com that the WWE TLC Pay-Per-View will now take place on Sunday December 16th.

The TLC Pay-Per-View will take place in San Jose, California, replacing the originally scheduled Clash of Champions Pay-per-view on that date and location.

The TLC Pay-Per-View was originally scheduled for October 21st in Boston, Massachusetts. Last night, a live event featuring Raw and SmackDown talents was instead announced for Boston on that date.

I've been saying that since the start. The IC belt is basically the default top title on Raw. 

They should also design new belts. Can't help but notice, sports stars aren't as anxious to buy replicas as they were big gold. 

Apparently Stephanie designed the penny tag belts. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Victator said:

I've been saying that since the start. The IC belt is basically the default top title on Raw. 

They should also design new belts. Can't help but notice, sports stars aren't as anxious to buy replicas as they were big gold. 

Apparently Stephanie designed the penny tag belts. 

Keep the same Intercontinental Championship, the design of it has stood the test of time.

Didn't know that about Steph, thanks.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Keep the same Intercontinental Championship, the design of it has stood the test of time.

I really hate the white strap. Would like it better if it went back to being black. 

The story was Reggie Parks was given the penny design. He wanted to make changes, but was told he could not. He kept pressing and was finally told Steph came up with it. I like the blue and silver Smackdown versions. 

Its funny Hunter and Shawn refused to take them when they were unified champions. They had to wait for the Hart Dynasty to introduce them. 

In hindsight I like the old Raw and Smackdown tag belts. 

• Like 3

To be fair, the most frustrating part of growing up in the 80s was not realizing that you would someday have to deal with a new round of brattish punks who discover the internet and how fun it is to argue petulantly without purpose on it until they grow out of it in an endless cycle every few years.

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Victator said:

I really hate the white strap. Would like it better if it went back to being black. 

The story was Reggie Parks was given the penny design. He wanted to make changes, but was told he could not. He kept pressing and was finally told Steph came up with it. I like the blue and silver Smackdown versions. 

Its funny Hunter and Shawn refused to take them when they were unified champions. They had to wait for the Hart Dynasty to introduce them. 

In hindsight I like the old Raw and Smackdown tag belts. 

I wasn't keen on the white strap for the Intercontinental Championship but it's really grown on me.

I never liked the copper WWE Tag Team Titles, the silver's an upgrade but shouldn't championships be gold?

I understand why Shawn and Triple H wanted the WWE World Tag Team Championships (RAW) and WWE Tag Team Titles (Smackdown). Two underrated belt designs IMO.

48 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Cody Rhodes brought a version of it back at the Hell in a Cell 2011 PPV:

20111002_rhodes_newicbelt--ccf6f6171adcb

A little more follow up on the WWE PPVs

The WWE has confirmed that the October show in Boston is just a House Show and that the only "PPV" is the Australia show

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Cody Rhodes brought a version of it back at the Hell in a Cell 2011 PPV:

20111002_rhodes_newicbelt--ccf6f6171adcb

I like that version a lot as a sort of update to the 86-98 version, but it was an infringement on Reggie Parks' design so I get why they couldn't go with it. I like the tighter leather cut around the main plate much more, and the background texturing is cool, but that said, J-mar or Wildcat or whoever it was fucked up the font

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

I wasn't keen on the white strap for the Intercontinental Championship but it's really grown on me.

I never liked the copper WWE Tag Team Titles, the silver's an upgrade but shouldn't championships be gold?

I understand why Shawn and Triple H wanted the WWE World Tag Team Championships (RAW) and WWE Tag Team Titles (Smackdown). Two underrated belt designs IMO.

Yeah, I liked the white strap when Cody brought back this version of the IC title but now that both Women's titles have the white strap and the hope of a Women's tag title, maybe the IC belt should go back to a black strap and let the white strap be a defining element of the Women's belts.  The silver plates on the tag belts remind me of the NWA TV title a little bit, so I do like that part of the look though I'd like a better design and then maybe some sort of blue or red highlights on the plates themselves like the TV Title had.  Both the tag belts prior to the "penny" design were nice looking, but I still love the old 80's WWF tag belts and the blue strap NWA/WCW tag belts too.

• Like 3

I liked the idea of the WWE and Women's title being the same design when it was just those, but with the addition of the Universal and SD women's it's just too much of the same design-- which frankly, I was never really in love with from the start. And this is not just out of nostalgia for how great the WWF/E world title designs were pre-spinner-- I just think it's kinda butt.

• Like 1

I just haven't been into wrestling for awhile now, two years almost. There's nothing for me in modern wrestling that I like, I guess. I've seen some modern WoS, and that's good, but that's about it.

I decided to go back to YouTube and watch old stuff. The person(s) running the Rassle Reel account have lots of good old stuff. I've just aimlessly started watching Stampede Wrestling from the late '70s/early '80s. 

They are also uploading every WCW Pro from 1991, but I'm going to wait until they get to September before I start watching. 

I'm trying to figure out if I actually still like pro wrestling, I guess! Which is weird. 

I thought that the white strap was cool and different for awhile, kinda like Warrior sporting the classic IC title with the yellow strap, but it wore off for me after not too long. I ultimately prefer the black strap in the long run. 

I know that it's tacky as hell and y'all gone laugh at me, but of all the non-black straps for the IC title, I loved Goldust's gold strap the best:

Image result for goldust ic title gold strap

• Like 9