DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

On 7/7/2018 at 11:31 AM, Victator said:

The Rock wanted to work Summerslam 2004. He asked to work Rey Mysterio and WWE wanted Shawn Michaels and Rock said no. 

When I think of missed opportunities in wrestling, WWE denying us the chance to see The Rock sell the 619 is way up there.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Casey said:

Didn't they change the finish because Roode got injured?

I could be wrong but I think that is just the cover they are using for Roode losing (possibly also fueling his eventual heel turn)

Watching the Cow Palace show and thinking about how close Minoru Suzuki is to being my favorite wrestler, which is still Penta.

Goddamn that would be a great match.  It could be close enough to happening too.  Those CMLL dates could open doors for the Lucha Bros.

13 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

Watching the Cow Palace show and thinking about how close Minoru Suzuki is to being my favorite wrestler, which is still Penta.

Goddamn that would be a great match.  It could be close enough to happening too.  Those CMLL dates could open doors for the Lucha Bros.

It will be interesting to see if Rush/Terrible jumping Penta after the match will lead to the brothers vs Rush/Terrible or Rush/Dragon Lee in cmll, if not just on the indies. 

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm still pleased that Goldberg only lasted like a year.  People say HHH ruined him and I say GOOD. 

I thought the HHH feud was really good. I still defend the Elimination Chamber booking. It made Goldberg and Hunter look strong. The match where Goldberg won the title was terrible. Because Hunter was doing his Flair tribute act and going twenty minutes of mat wrestling with everyone. There was a blue print to a good Goldberg match and HHH ignored it. I thought the Survivor Series match was much better. The booking up to Survivor Series was really good. But after that it went to shit. They could have gotten more out of Goldberg as champion. Doing Kane vs Goldberg on PPV. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Victator said:

Doing Kane vs Goldberg on PPV. 

Doing Kane vs. anyone on PPV is a recipe for disaster.  He's the gateway to whether your title reign will be a success or a flaming pile of shit.  The difference between main eventing and being second from the top behind big Roman. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Doing Kane vs. anyone on PPV is a recipe for disaster.  He's the gateway to whether your title reign will be a success or a flaming pile of shit.  The difference between main eventing and being second from the top behind big Roman. 

He has been there twenty years and working in or near the main event. 

Just now, Victator said:

He has been there thirty years and working in or near the main event. 

If anyone actually thinks Kane is bad, is a big flashing sign I should not listen to them. 

Kane as a wrestler isn't bad.  I haven't enjoyed him much in the ring in recent years but there was a time where I did.  But everything surrounding Kane? The typical Kane booking?  That's mostly garbage.  If you are in a "Kane story" especially as champion,  it's probably not a good sign for you. 

I like Kane in this secondary role with Bryan.  Actually,  comedic Kane is gold.  Burning people alive,  raping people,  pillaging Kane is not as great. 

On 7/6/2018 at 7:02 PM, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

This sucks. Especially considering how much I love Dustin's work, even at this late hour in his career. 

So what's Goldie's contract situation? Would be a helluva surprise if he showed up at All In.

3 hours ago, Victator said:

I thought the HHH feud was really good. I still defend the Elimination Chamber booking. It made Goldberg and Hunter look strong. The match where Goldberg won the title was terrible. Because Hunter was doing his Flair tribute act and going twenty minutes of mat wrestling with everyone. There was a blue print to a good Goldberg match and HHH ignored it. I thought the Survivor Series match was much better. The booking up to Survivor Series was really good. But after that it went to shit. They could have gotten more out of Goldberg as champion. Doing Kane vs Goldberg on PPV. 

Yeah I still find myself defending the Elimination Chamber when it's brought up. I thought it was booked perfectly with Goldberg tearing through everyone, Evolution thinking they outsmarted him, Goldberg smashing his way in then decimating Triple H before a last gasp cheat. The Unforgiven match was what it was as Triple H still had a really bad groin tear (hence why he was wearing the cycling shorts in this period and was kept out of the EC for so long), Survivor Series was definitely an improvement but still didn't really get to the level I thought it should have

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brysynner said:

So what's Goldie's contract situation? Would be a helluva surprise if he showed up at All In.

It was noticeable to me that on the weekend, he was at a comic book show and not at the raw house shows, 

14 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Going back to the time machine question, I'd love to see 92-93 Vader vs 2004-2006 Necro Butcher. Same with Cactus Jack from 92-94. 

I'd also like to see "Sick" Nick Mondo circa Tournament of Death II vs that era Vader for some reason. 

Throw in '89-90 or '94-97 Terry Funk vs. '04-07 Necro Butcher. I'd also like to see Terry Funk from same period or '92-94 Cactus Jack vs. 2004-2006 Homicide.

My ultimate dream match is pre back injury Dynamite Kid vs. '93-97 Benoit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

oh i love this game

'15 sasha banks vs. '93 hokuto

I'm not the biggest Sasha fan, but what did she ever do to you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

"I'm cool with gay people. But could you do me a favour and keep it in the closet?"

What? Also the video is just Booker rambling about being professional and not really worth watching. 

• Thanks 1