DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

Five year extension, 20 million a year. Works 5 times a year at random dates of his choosing. 3/4 of NXT fired to make room for his salary even with all the extra money they have. TIGHTEN YOUR BELT!

3 hours ago, ARMDRAGON said:

What is the etiquette for sitting front row and someone crashing into the guardrail? Should you use your feet as doorstops, move, or hope your knees don’t get banged up? 

Move.  Always move.  For guardrails just move your legs back but part of sitting in the front at a wrestling show is accepting death if you don't move fast enough.

• Thanks 1

Yeah gotta keep your eyes open and be ready to move your ass. My son and I were against the apron at last year's Americanrana - yearly big show for Beyond Wrestling - and often had to quickly move for tumbling/diving wrestlers like Penta, Fenix, and Joey Janela. 

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Move. Protect your knees. Generally don't sit in an area where 200-pound dudes might potentially land on you at high speeds, especially with bits of metal sandwiched in between you.

My rule of thumb is if you don't recognize that you need to clear out because multiple 200-350 pound dudes/140+ pound dudettes are about to come flying in your direction and physics dictate they ain't stopping on a dime, you shouldn't be sitting ringside yet.

Even at it's height, ECW Mutants were smart enough to get the fuck out of the way when people were coming.  The only exception was the Spike Dudley stuff, and that might've either been plants, that no one actually thought Bigelow would launch Spike into the 4th row, or some combination of both.

5 minutes ago, Raziel said:

My rule of thumb is if you don't recognize that you need to clear out because multiple 200-350 pound dudes/140+ pound dudettes are about to come flying in your direction and physics dictate they ain't stopping on a dime, you shouldn't be sitting ringside yet.

Even at it's height, ECW Mutants were smart enough to get the fuck out of the way when people were coming.  The only exception was the Spike Dudley stuff, and that might've either been plants, that no one actually thought Bigelow would launch Spike into the 4th row, or some combination of both.

I’ve always wondered if those fans that caught Spike were real or not... and if so were they warned before the show that was going to happen...

There were people in the crowd that knew shit was coming at different times, but I was standing in that line all day, I didn't see anyone heads uping anyone that that toss was coming.

What's his story (injury, I assume)?

Also, I had no idea Matt Cappotelli passed away till I scrolled down Fandango's Twitter and saw it mentioned.  I assume that's been posted already (he passed a week and a half ago)?  Probably in the RIP thread I rarely visit?

Here is the Fandango update

And the Cappotelli's death was posted in both RIP thread and the general discussion thread (though it might have been the end of June so that is a different thread)

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I was at an NXT show that had Finn/Corbin/Crews as the main event and I had front row seats. Finn threw Corbin into the rail right at me Corbin didn't hit the rail too hard but then I saw Finn running for his dropkick spot and I got right out the way and grabbed some kid next to me. The rail still hit me but I could have been worse.

At an ROH show in Philly me and some friends were in the front row for a Carnage Crew-Special K match and one of the K gigged himself bad. When the guy got whipped into the guardrail he got blood on us. The A.C. rep saw it and immediately forced them to end the match.

Full MSG results from yesterday

Bobby Lashley pinned Jinder Mahal

Cedric Alexander over Buddy Murphy - Cruiswerweight Title

Matt Hardy/Bray Wyatt over Titus Worldwide and the B-Team - RAW Tag Title match (Titus was the one pinned)

Bayley/Ember Moon/Nattie beat Alicia Fox and the Riot Squad (Bayley pinned Liv)

Mojo Rawley pinned Bobby Roode

Dolph Ziggler retained over Seth Rollins and Finn Balor - IC Title (Drew McIntyre interference gave Dolph the win)

Lucha House Party over Gulak/Kendrick/Gallagher

Rhonda Rousey submitted Nia Jax (Alexa Bliss and Mickie James were special refs)

Roman Reigns/Braun Strowman/Undertaker beat Kevin Owens/Baron Corbin/Elias (Taker pinned KO)