DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

b. A fully trained drug-sniffing dog will not bite...Unless you have or recently have had drugs on you.  I sincerely doubt Shinsuke is a member of the Straight-Edge Society.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think LonDrick might not survive that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It wasn't a drug sniffing dog, it was a bomb sniffing dog, so unless Nak is secretly a terrorist...

That's part of the issue I'm kinda confused about. It was a bomb dog, not a narc or tracker, bomb dogs aren't trained to bite at all, whilst the other two are. What exactly happened?

2 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

That's part of the issue I'm kinda confused about. It was a bomb dog, not a narc or tracker, bomb dogs aren't trained to bite at all, whilst the other two are. What exactly happened?

Even judging from the statement the PD released, it really sounds like the dog just randomly decided to take a bite out of crime Nakamura.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Bryan: “...this person here says, ‘If the dog that bit Nakamura was just sniffing for a bomb, why did it randomly decide to attack him?’ Your thoughts?” 

Dave: “...uhh, you know, your uhh, guess is as uhh, good as mine. Did they ask the dog?” 

Bryan: “...it can’t talk.” 

Dave: “Oh, well, I uhh, I don’t know then.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Is London still active? I think the last thing I saw from him was that hilarious promo with Bryan Danielson asking the crowd to BZZZZZZ at PWG and he was dressing as an astronaut.

I always loved that finishing stretch of Kobashi/Suzuki where Suzuki is a disrespectful dick peppering Kobashi with slaps and is then MDK with a bunch of backdrop suplexes then STILL tries to be a disrespectful dick but just has nothing behind the slaps so Kobashi just destroys him with the short lariat. Goddamn that title run was perfect, I was such a fan back then as Kobashi's ascent tied in with Youtube and being able to watch puro for the first time.

Just to put a bow on this (and because I am procrastinating)

Active Guys Who Worked Andre

Definitely Active

• 2 Cold Scorpio
  • Dr. Wagner Jr
  • Yoshinari Ogawa
  • Tony Atlas
  • Tsuyoshi Kikuchi
  • Rusher Kimura
  • Riki Choshu
  • Masa Fuchi
  • Tatsumi Fujinami
  • Tito Santana
  • El Canek
  • Jerry Lawler

Guys who wrestled at least once in 2018 but to call them active might be stretching the definition

• Haku/Meng
  • Honky Tonk Man
  • Jim Duggan
  • Marty Jannetty
  • Mil Mascaras
  • Barbarian
  • Warlord

Some notes

- "Worked" in this case is either wrestled against or tagged with Andre. For example: Yoshinari Ogawa only appears to have tagged with Andre.

- I can only go by what the wrestling database sites list. Example: neither Cagematch or PWDB have the Lawler vs. Andre match but thanks to newspaper clippings we know it happened.

Looking up the Andre stuff; holy shit, he and Baba faced Dynamite and Johnny Smith in Dec. ‘91? That’s gotta be one of the worst matches ever. 

Okay, in April of the same year, you had Andre, Dory and Kid vs Doc, Gordy and... Steve Doll.

...what?

2 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Looking up the Andre stuff; holy shit, he and Baba faced Dynamite and Johnny Smith in Dec. ‘91? That’s gotta be one of the worst matches ever. 

As far as I can tell - this is all that was ever aired from the match and you can immediately see why

• Haha 3

God, it’s like watching two Khali’s out there. This had to have been right before Dynamite first retired, yeah? I know he came back at an M-Pro show in Oct. ‘96, looking like a backyarder dressed as himself, but that’s it, right?

Damn, I just looked it up. He was working well into ‘94. Jesus. 

1 minute ago, PetrolCB said:

God, it’s like watching two Khali’s out there. This had to have been right before Dynamite first retired, yeah? I know he came back at an M-Pro show in Dec. ‘96, looking like a backyarder dressed as himself, but that’s it, right?

In Japan - basically. He did one more tour for All Japan in 93 (which was a special favor to Lord James Blears apparently) and then worked Europe for a lot of 94

2 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I've got a bit of bad news!

That is definitely supposed to be someone else but I can't figure out my own notes to know exactly who that was.

That being said - I would watch the corpse of Rusher Kimura wrestler over like 97% of the guys currently around

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I've got a bit of bad news!

I'm afraid I've got some bad news....Image result for bad news barrett

There we go, done properly.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That is definitely supposed to be someone else but I can't figure out my own notes to know exactly who that was.

That being said - I would watch the corpse of Rusher Kimura wrestler over like 97% of the guys currently around

There is that...

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Even judging from the statement the PD released, it really sounds like the dog just randomly decided to take a bite out of crime Nakamura.

Maybe it wasn't a bomb sniffing dog but a Bomaye sniffing dog. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3