DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

• RIPPA pinned and featured this topic
1 hour ago, The Natural said:

That's good stuff, thanks. I have not been watching the Network version of the podcast, having grown tired of Bruce months ago. But it sounds like the shortened format might be just the thing, if they're all as interesting and informative as this one seems to be. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So name a feud you would love to see that would require time travel. I will start. 

Mark Henry vs Ken Patera, which culminates in a series of "Tug Of War Massacres", which are thinly disguise bull rope matches. 

• Like 2

All these would be the payoff matches to a feud.

Your main event:

Tsuruta vs. Okada, the Battle of Tall Japanese Dudes That Can Really Wrestle Well. Two out of three falls, no time limit at Sumo Hall.

Jushin Liger vs. Dynamite Kid Twenty minute time limit for the Pacific TV Title (Yes, I know that there is no such thing, but if we're allowing time-travel then carping about a non-existent title seems a bit misplaced.)

Hirooki Goto vs. Mitsuhara Misawa the masters of stoicism in an "I Quit" match with a one-hour time limit. You could argue that Goto isn't in Misawa's league, (but who is, really?) His only real superior is already busy with Okada and I have plans for Mr. Kobashi, as we shall see...

Minoru Suzuki vs. Kenta Kobashi in a Corner Capitulates match. No time limit, no DQ. Match only ends when cornerman throws in the towel .

Tatsuya Naito vs. Atsushi Onita in an exploding barb-wire death match, ring explodes at twenty minutes. 

Shawn Michaels vs. Will Osprrey vs Kenny Omega in a Three Make Faces of Doom Triple Threat Match (Three guys whose in-ring habits I find vastly annoying can make faces, scream and over-sell to their hearts' content to open the show, this way it's okay if I have trouble finding a good parking place.) ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

First that springs to mind: Rollerball Mark Rocco (1983) vs Bryan Danielson (2006) in a best of seven series. No real storyline, I just want to see two of the best pure-sport hard hitting athletes go at it

Second that springs to mind: Jake the Snake Roberts (1990) vs Raven (1998) which I'd run as a light v dark type of feud with Raven trying to turn Jake into his Trust Me character. You've got DDT v DDT as special sauce in the feud too. Jake goes over, with Raven sacrificing himself and Jake turning as prophesied to lead Raven's Flock.

• Like 1

I mean, almost all of mine would involve prime Vader. Vader vs Daniel Bryan, Vader vs Undisputed Champion Brock, Vader vs Current Brock, Vader vs Braun, Vader and Sid vs the Bludgeon Brothers, Vader vs Luke Harper, etc.

I mean, I've probably simmed almost all of these in Fire Pro World, but I would still like to see them play out in real life.

SES Punk or even Punk during his Best in the World gimmick vs Austin would have been something else.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Victator said:

So name a feud you would love to see that would require time travel. I will start. 

Early 80s Hulk Hogan vs 2002/2003 Brock Lesnar.

Miracle Violence Connection vs War Raiders

Steiners vs Authors of Pain

Revival vs Rockers

• Like 2

97 (circa the Taker feud) Shawn against just about any giant/monster/hoss I can think of; Andre, Show, Braun, Brock, etc. Pairing him up in dream matches with guys like AJ or Bryan ignores the stuff he was absolutely great at, which was David/Goliath storytelling. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Victator said:

Mark Henry vs Ken Patera, which culminates in a series of "Tug Of War Massacres", which are thinly disguise bull rope matches. 

Bret Hart vs Daniel Bryan

Shawn Michaels vs Eddie Guerrero

Randy Savage vs 2000s MMA Undertaker

Mick Foley vs Roman Reigns (imagine those 'anyone but you' promos delivered by Mankind instead of Bray Wyatt)

Hogan vs Cena 

Okada vs Flair

Okada vs Bret

Omega vs Bret

Omega vs Shawn

Tanahashi vs Cena, but that's a gimme

Punk vs Austin is another no brainer

Austin vs Brock 

AJ - Bret

Bret vs Sami Zayn for me.  Either Anti-American Hart vs NXT super babyface Zayn, current heel Zayn vs babyface Hart, or fighting champ face Bret vs young up and comer Zayn.  It would also be interesting to see Sami try to plot everything out with Bret.

A TLC match with E&C, the Hardys, and Revival.

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

Imagine just listing a bunch of names. Why would you want to see those matches? What would you like to see from them?

Fair criticism but I'm at work. But I mean, also, for some of them there isn't much to say. I wanna see Bret Hart fight Daniel Bryan because it would be a real good ass match ya know? But I feel you. I just thought it would lead to some fun talking points. Such as "Zakk, why do you love Bret Hart so very, very much?" I'll go back and update later maybe.

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

At least Kobashi vs Suzuki actually happened.

Yeah, you could just amend the ending to the actual match by having Suzuki's corner throw in the towel after Kobashi hits his sixth or seventh straight backdrop...

9 hours ago, Victator said:

Braun vs. early 80s Andre. Early 80s Andre vs. 2008-2012 Big Show. AoP vs. Road Warriors.