DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] June 27, 2018 TV Show

Peck

Loved that six man tag.

Glad to see stuff building with the women. Candice's Lionsault was awesome. Io never got that type of height when she was doing it.

I really hope Ciampa actually takes the title.

Six man was great and I like the idea of a Ricochet/Cole program but is there any title that means less than the North American? Universal maybe? 

Gargano is absolutely going to cost Ciampa the title and then hopefully we get a fitting blowoff and then separate these guys til the main roster.

Reeves is still very meh. It's a generic gimmick done blandly. 

Kind of surprised Candace got such a definitive win, but I guess they may be positioning her for a title shot soon.

• Like 1

I'm not gonna say UE is the next Shield yet, but in terms of trios that can have good 6-mans with any random roster combo... There's something there. Ricochet's matrix dodge of the high-low deserves a lot of credit here too. Great timing and subversion of the usual rhythm that kicked the match up one final notch.

I feel bad for Bobby Fish missing out on this, as I've been pulling for him since I saw him working in Eldon, Missouri for Harley Race's promotion, but heel Roddy is really the perfect fit for this group in the ring.

10 hours ago, quackhell said:

Six man was great and I like the idea of a Ricochet/Cole program but is there any title that means less than the North American? Universal maybe? 

A secondary singles title was needed. I don't like the title not being defended at the very next Takeover after the one to crown the champion. I really enjoyed Cole's defense against Wolfgang. The title being defended regularly will help raise the importance of the belt. I see Ricochet eventually winning the title from Cole.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, quackhell said:

Kind of surprised Candace got such a definitive win, but I guess they may be positioning her for a title shot soon.

Without spoiling anything, this topic comes up in the next few weeks. 

• Thanks 1