DVDVR Message Board

How I Met Your Mother Season 9

RandomAct

Part of the reason I am not really enjoying these episodes - and this makes me seem terrible - but the actress they had for Barney's mother hasn't exactly aged well.

So now they are throwing together this season and she has been a major player in like three episodes and I keep thinking she is going to keel over at any moment.

Thankfully - the fucking Marshall roadtrip is over

Part of the reason I am not really enjoying these episodes - and this makes me seem terrible - but the actress they had for Barney's mother hasn't exactly aged well.

So now they are throwing together this season and she has been a major player in like three episodes and I keep thinking she is going to keel over at any moment.

Thankfully - the fucking Marshall roadtrip is over

Well Barney is supposed to be in his mid-30's so it would stand to reason that his mom is in her late 50's/early 60's. The actress who plays his mom is 60.

• Like 1

There really should have been a warning before the episode. I mean I knew it was going to happen this season but I would have liked to be prepared for it.

That being said... Good Lord... Camille Guaty. How have I never seen you before?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, this season isn't working for me at all.  It's obvious by now that nothing significant will take place until the wedding episodes (May sweeps, I'm guessing).

At least Marshall's road trip is over (I think.  Haven't actually watched last nights ep yet).

The laser tag bachelor party nearly did me in.  Though I liked the ending quite a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

Did I notice Stacy Keibler as one of the girls that slapped Marshal?

Yes, you did.

This was the first episode of the new season that I've seen and.....holy cow...it was awful.  Not a lick of humor in it, ridiculous to the extreme + infinity and just...ugh.  Nothing good about it at all.