DVDVR Message Board

How I Met Your Mother Season 9

RandomAct

There's an alternate ending coming on the DVD.

Also, there were 18 MINUTES cut from the finale which include some of these scenes:

-Robin Sparkles performing at the wedding with the Robot

-A lunch with Ted/Robin that puts the ending in "better" context

-More on #31 and Barney

-More on the Mother's illness

-The Pineapple explained

Also, there were 18 MINUTES cut from the finale which include some of these scenes:

-More on #31 and Barney

-The Pineapple explained

Ok the lunch bit should have been in the show cause thats bugged the hell out of me

It seemed a lot of the characters got screwed over by timing.

The Mother lost her first love really young. The timing was never quite right with Ted and Robin. Then, after a nine year search, Ted finally gets with his soulmate and she's dead within a decade too!

By the end, maybe Ted decided "fuck it" and to go for it with Robin despite all the problems because, you know, live each day to the full and all that.

-More on #31 and Barney

-The Pineapple explained

Heard there was also a bit where Lily and Marshall settle "the bet".

Well you see Marshall pay Lily in the bar on the day of Ted and the Mother's wedding... I am not sure if you mean there is supposed to be more than that

• Like 1

Yeah, people on Reddit keep talking about how they didn't say anything about the bet. I feel like that Marshall passing Lily money wasn't that subtle.

Also, fan made ending on Reddit that I think would have been the greatest ending ever....

At the very end, Ted tells the kids about how the story of how he met their mother is filled with stories of his friends. How the big choices he made, the big things that happened all led him to the place to meet the mother, but also in the right time. He tells this nice long Ted speech and then Tracy walks in behind the kids. She says, "Well, now that you've finally done all of that, why don't you go start making dinner and I'll be in in a minute."

Once Ted leaves the room, she sits down in the chair and says "Kids, now how about I tell you how I met your father." The kids groan slightly thinking that they're in for another long story. She starts telling the story and the scene cuts to a grocery store in 2006. It's late at night and Tracy is shopping. She walks out the door and sees Ted with Trudy. Ted and is super drunk and Trudy tells him to wait there while she runs into the store to grab some bread or something for him. "Don't move." she says. Ted firmly plants his feet and as he watches Trudy walk into the store, his eyes focus on Tracy. He stumbles over to her and says, "You are literally the most beautiful person I have ever seen. Will you marry me?" She says "No, but thank you. Here, why don't you take this to remember me by." She hands him a pineapple and walks away.

Back to 2030. Tracy says "And that kids, is how I met your father, but never tell him."

Whether Ted and Robin would end up together. It was part of a whole episode dedicated to Marshall and Lilly placing bets on their friends' personal lives.

And at the end of it, when it seemed like Ted and Robin had no chance of ever being together, Lily tells Marshall to pay up.  He has this smile on his face and says "not yet".  Great moment really.

• 3 weeks later...

Wait, is HIMYD going to be Barney's fling?

Not officially

Now a lot of people are making that leap as to link the two shows together after the series finale

One of the deleted scenes from the final episode appears to have been a montage of Ted and the Mother's funeral

Hannigan also believes that showing Ted mourning his wife would have helped ease fan frustration for those who felt The Mother was killed off too quickly.

"‘Oh, [Ted] mourned. He got closure’ — and then they’d be happy that [he and Robin] got together," Hannigan said. "Rather than be like, ‘Oh, wait. She died? What? They’re together, huh?’ And credits. That’s what I think was too fast.”

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently, CBS may have passed on the How I Met Your Dad pilot.

Yup - as mentioned in the TV thread - it apparently is now being shopped to other networks

Apparently, CBS wanted them to reshoot the pilot which had some flaws, but Bays and Thomas didn't want to reshoot without getting picked up.

I think they wanted them to recast it too.

Maybe they decided Gerwig was too "indie" or something?