DVDVR Message Board

How I Met Your Mother Season 9

RandomAct

I'm not sure that ep was that much worst than a few of the other eps, but halfway through it's 762 minute running time, I found myself wondering if I should skip the rest of the season, at least until May sweeps.

S8 was a fitting wrap-up, all things considered.

I'm not sure that ep was that much worst than a few of the other eps, but halfway through it's 762 minute running time, I found myself wondering if I should skip the rest of the season, at least until May sweeps.

There won't be any May sweeps for How I Met Your Mother. Final episode is March 31st.

Jan 27 is the 200th episode.

It is entitled 

How Your Mother Met Me

Apparently the plot is

In the 200th episode of the series, The Mother recounts some of the memorable events that occurred in her life during the eight years before she met Ted.

Likewise. Considering all the ways they are stretching out this season over three days, that particular storyline at least has more intrigue than last week's slap filler.

And will probably have a few "awww" moments, which I am not above popping for.

For what it is worth - here is the schedule for the rest of the series (Titles and Dates)

"Unpause" - January 20, 2014

"How Your Mother Met Me" - January 27, 2014

"Sunrise" February 3, 2014
"Rally" February 24, 2014
"Vesuvius" March 3, 2014
"Daisy" March 10, 2014
"Gary Blauman" March 17, 2014
"The End of the Aisle" March 24, 2014
"Last Forever, Part 1 & Part 2" March 31, 2014 - One Hour Finale

I am guessing because of the Olympics - Feb Sweeps are more March Sweeps this year.

Holy shit! Ted's dead and they're watching some kind of living will thing he made, or it's his lawyer reading it out. Explains why we never see him and why his voice sounds different.

That might actually be the most realistic theory I've heard yet.  As far as I know, nothing from the show contradicts this really.

The final scene apparently involves Ted's kids.  They filmed the final scene during season one because they were afraid the actors would age too much by the time the show ended (the actors playing the kids were 16 and 18 when the series started, so they're both mid to late 20's now).  So whatever they're doing, they probably had it planned from the beginning.

I'm kinda leaning towards some sort of downer ending.  The mother dying?  Until it was brought up that the kids asked Ted questions in season 1, I was guessing he died and the kids are watching videotapes left by him.

I'm fairly convinced after this episode that

the mother dies at some point before the storytelling starts. They hinted at it in an earlier episode with Ted saying he'd do anything to get to spend one more day with her. And then this episode being narrated by Ted and not the mother sealed it for me.

If the mother did indeed die, older Ted's kind of a douche.  If that's the case, instead of telling the kids about their mother, he's told them long stories about Barney's sexual exploits, Marshall's weird family, Robin's career as a Canadian pop star, etc.