DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Tong Po vs. Austin Creed (oh and the other stuff) - 6/26/2018

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Wasn't that due to brand loyalty?

Also, Raw was pissed that Smackdown showed up and kicked their asses the week before. So, yeah, the exact thing you said.

Fairly fillerish episode on the whole (and that Twist of Fate botch was bad), but the ending was sweet. Am also now curious where Becky's winning streak is going to go, she hasn't lost a match for nearly two months now so perhaps they're building her up for a big match.

I dug everything with the Bludgeon Brothers. I'm sad we didn't get Cena for Bella Brothers vs. Bludgeon Brothers, but it is nice to see Team Hell No return. I do hope they lose though. Harper and Rowan deserve a long reign.

Nice to see Becky win though it would be better to see it lead somewhere.

The Glow segment was meh, but I expected it. It does feel weird for them to be pushing Naomi and Lana together when there are no tag titles for the women.

I dug how everything with Sanity and Usos/Jeff came together.

1 hour ago, Captain Kronos said:

I love the GLOW show, but this segment is awful. (Brie and Lana look great, though.)

Notice which former WWE Diva is missing from the GLOW cast? :lol:

I can understand them not using Kong. But if they're gonna do some sort of GLOW bit in WWE? BRING IVORY IN FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

Uh, Ivory has no connection to the Netflix GLOW series. So what's the point of bringing Ivory in for a bit based around a Netflix series that WWE is trying to get some shine off of? Yeah, she was in the original GLOW, but who cares?

Besides, the Killer Tomato is better than Ivory.

11 hours ago, dogwelder said:

I wonder how they'll explain Kane attacking Bryan in the lead up to Survivor Series last year.

He was treating Bryan like family. 

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently the story is that the police dog was brought in before yesterday's SDL house show - it was doing its sweep, stopped at Nakamura and started sniffing his leg and then "without provocation" bit him.

Those things are a fucking menace, I like dogs but fuck a police dog. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Casey said:

Uh, Ivory has no connection to the Netflix GLOW series. So what's the point of bringing Ivory in for a bit based around a Netflix series that WWE is trying to get some shine off of? Yeah, she was in the original GLOW, but who cares?

Besides, the Killer Tomato is better than Ivory.

Oh so I don't have to ruin the thread in the TV forum. FUCK GLOW

53 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Shinsuke getting bitten be a police dog pre-show is one of the all-time great "THIS IS WRESTLING" moments of recent memory.

Like the time Steiner’s tiger almost maimed Mysterio.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If Tong Po does not win, we riot.

They just brought up C* P*nk's title reign length in commentary.  So, simple math says AJ is going to be champ through at least the Royal Rumble.   (He ties on the Smackdown before the Rumble.)

1 hour ago, Greggulator said:

Shinsuke getting bitten be a police dog pre-show is one of the all-time great "THIS IS WRESTLING" moments of recent memory.

Up there with Big Cass going too far in his beatdown of a midget dressed as Daniel Bryan.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I didn't get to watch the show yet, but I'm bummed out Kong/Kharma wasn't involved. Maybe she'll get another Impact run, who knows.

Well... faking a pregnancy will probably make you PNG rather quickly. 

• Like 1