DVDVR Message Board

¡Raw Es Noche De Parejas Increibles! - 6/25/2018

Dolfan in NYC

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Why would you wear something you might have to possibly flip in the first place? 

Curt doesn't appreciate your attempts at humor

I think it's telling they let Drew take a Superman Punch from Roman but didn't let it take him off his feet. Also will Extreme Rules have Ziggler/McIntrye vs. Rollins/Reigns and then Lashley shows up to pick up the pieces?

Roman took a headbutt, bounced back with a Superman Punch and knocked McIntyre out of the ring. That's all the moment called for. And that amazing Spear on Ziggler.

They've got Roman involved in several stories now: vs Lashley, vs McIntyre, vs Revival (this likely wraps up with Reigns/Rollins blasting them in a tag match), and still involved with Lesnar. That's a lot of logs on the fire with no clear direction where most of it will go.

Sending Bayley and Sasha to counseling while Braun is partnering up with KO just to stalk the guy is yet another mark of how Angle has lost control of his show.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

the one person that should be in therapy more than anyone that works for him

The time for VKM to have been in therapy was probably the 1960s, I'm afraid that ship sailed a long time ago...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Oh, pshaw. She could have defended herself, all she lost from was a rollup anyway. It wasn't like she had her ass beat already. 

The method of pro wrestling using anything other than violence as conflict resolution is too stupid for words, btw. Too bad the boss thinks therapy is funny. 

He's not the only one as one of Coachs "zingers" for Corey was "Why don't you give him the number for your (therapist)?" which seemingly served no point other than to mock Graved for having one or needing one which is just so cringe-inducingly old-fashioned that you just KNEW it was directly from Vince.  

10 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I thought Bayley said "you're a bitch"  or  "you ain't shit"  

Just for the record - it definitely was "you ain't shit" because a few of the international feeds didn't bleep it out

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

Kurt's insistence that Bayley and Sasha go to counseling leads me to think we'll eventually get this scene:

giphy.gif

Never would pants free be a more accurate meme on this board. 

• Haha 3

Hmm.

Braun chases Owens (to presumably eat him) and trashes his car = Okay.

Finn and Corbin fight each other during their match and ruin it = Okay.

Lashley and Roman argue and their fighting costs them the match = Okay.

Bayley attacks Sasha after their match = COUNSELING FOR BOTH NOW OR THEY'RE FIRED.

This can all only mean one thing... Kurt Angle is sexist. #AlexaWasRight

(Also, WWE REALLY likes booking people who hate each other as tag partners.)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It would fill my heart with joy to see Izzy at ringside wearing that.

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Why would you wear something you might have to possibly flip in the first place? 

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's got the WWE wear tag. That would fly.

Unintentional synergy ... when it happens ... :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Just for the record - it definitely was "you ain't shit" because a few of the international feeds didn't bleep it out

Here is the uncensored clip:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Meltzer thought that the crowd popped for the Bayley stuff more because they got to see a big angle happen and not because they were cheering for Bayley. I only point this out because there might be a smidgen of truth to that, but it again feels like one of those times where Dave is out of touch.

Sasha has been about the worst friend to Bayley ever for months now. She's backstabbed her every time she had a chance to do so. I honestly felt like it was a face turn where the person is already a face, but it's just a new level for them as a face. Sasha had this coming for months. Why the hell would anyone boo Bayley? Plus, I think more people associate Sasha with being a heel than a face so I'm willing to bet most people aren't going to feel sympathetic towards Sasha.

• Like 3

Obviously this leads to Bayley and Sasha forming a partners who hate each other tag team even though there's no women's tag division and they're already a tag team that hates each other. They'll just keep wrestling The Riott Squad week after week in tag team matches indefinitely that end with them beating each other up until we get a hug it out moment like with Team Hell No only, it turns out it was because Vince forgot he's already done this angle years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Meltzer thought that the crowd popped for the Bayley stuff more because they got to see a big angle happen and not because they were cheering for Bayley. I only point this out because there might be a smidgen of truth to that, but it again feels like one of those times where Dave is out of touch.

Sasha has been about the worst friend to Bayley ever for months now. She's backstabbed her every time she had a chance to do so. I honestly felt like it was a face turn where the person is already a face, but it's just a new level for them as a face. Sasha had this coming for months. Why the hell would anyone boo Bayley? Plus, I think more people associate Sasha with being a heel than a face so I'm willing to bet most people aren't going to feel sympathetic towards Sasha.

They were also in San Diego which is closer to a "Bayley home crowd" than most places so I kinda side with Dave on the "don't read too much into the pop"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

ive kinda always thought people want to care about Bayley. They just haven't been given reason to for a while. I've been saying this a while, but she could be a huge star for them. Kids like her. And, I could tell my wife she's my favorite women's wrestler and not have to sleep on the couch. She's pretty, but not threatening. Very wholesome. Does that make sense, or am I turning Cibernetico?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, piranesi said:

I've been bugged by who exactly it is that the new Baron Corbin reminds me of and tonight I realized it was:

Reveal hidden contents

every dummy that John Wick kills.

bull_zpsy4ubblsa.jpg

Constable Baron Corbin is like the shitty flea market knockoff version of baliff Bull Shannon.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2