DVDVR Message Board

¡Raw Es Noche De Parejas Increibles! - 6/25/2018

Dolfan in NYC

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Did anyone else catch the part where the camera was on the booth, Coach was talking then before he finished his statement he just stopped in mid-sentence with no warning, then Corey started talking about something else? Can't remember where it was but it was jarring and really fucking funny. 

I heard that and enjoyed it, but don't remember what was said either. I do remember a similar tongue-tying happened earlier on the show. When Corey told Coach his calling was as a permanent member of No Way Jose's conga line, Coach tried to rebut. But he paused long enough for Corey to say "Finish your sentence." Coach's rebut was weak and made little sense. I think it was him who laughed nervously after.

• Haha 4

As cornball as the Kevin Owens/Braun Strowman chase was I loved every second of it. Braun even made Corbin and Coach funny for a second when Corbin pushed Braun and then was like "How did that feel?" and Coach was like "How did what feel?" and then braun immediately collapsed Corbin's stupid face.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, RIShane said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it isn't just Bayley in counseling next week:

It's all good if Bayley stomps the shit out of her again. In front of Dr. Shelby.

I don't know why people think Bayley turned heel. It was Bayley finally standing up for herself after months of Sasha being an awful friend and treating Bayley bad. Who would be such a terrible writer to make Bayley the heel in this situation?

What? Oh... Right... Carry on.

• Like 1

Maffew is gonna have a field day with this episode. 

Far as I can recall the exchange went kinda like this

Coach: "x wrestler is finally getting." (Full stop. Fill in the blank: to the top of the line, etc.) *stares smiling at camera for two beats*

Corey: "Well, x wrestler and x wrestler are going to go at it up next etc."

You can practically hear Vince yelling over the headset "MOVE ALONG DAMMIT"

• Haha 5

Oh, pshaw. She could have defended herself, all she lost from was a rollup anyway. It wasn't like she had her ass beat already. 

The method of pro wrestling using anything other than violence as conflict resolution is too stupid for words, btw. Too bad the boss thinks therapy is funny. 

• Like 3

I think the beatdown went way too long and was way too vicious to not be intended as a heel turn.

But the crowd was so fucking into it I actually thought they were 400 miles north in San Jose, not Diego until someone corrected me on Twitter. Partially because I think everyone was just ready for it to finally happen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CastleVania Rey said:

Kurt Angle is the worst GM in history. Do Balor and Corbin need to do counseling too? Lashley and Roman?

Ronda Rousey is suspended and somehow still doing live events. She made Liv Morgan tap out with the armbar the other night. That alone should warrant a firing and an emasculation from Stephanie.

2 hours ago, Godfrey said:

After watching Alexa Bliss more closely (after the discussion last week) she definitely needs to work on her in ring. Those knee drops were at best a gentle breeze on Nattie's ribs.

That move is hit or miss as that's happened a few times. My favorite was I think Survivor Series 2016 when she did the back roll part but missed so her knees hit the mat instead of the opponent so she sold hurting her knees instead. Since I was paying attention to it tonight, I did not though notice any issue with her bumps. Fun short match with Natalya tapping Alexa once again.

• Like 1

I'm enjoying this Roman/Lashley feud for Revival finally getting time and Roman's shit talking. I wish we had this Roman 3 years ago.

The six-women tag was nice enough. The beatdown from Bayley was good. That was the most positive heel turn I have ever seen. I'm not even sure they can actually call it one at this point with how much of the crowd cheered Bayley on. The anger management stuff annoys me to no end even if it does lead to Dr. Shelby's return. It just makes no sense unless Kurt reveals he has plans to enter Bayley and Sasha in a tournament for the returning Women's Tag Titles.

Mojo's promo on Jose/Todd was nice.

I'm glad AoP are back and doing something. They better be murdering Matt and Bray for the belts soon.

The Braun/Owens stuff amuses. I continue to like Corbin in the Constable role.

Seth and Doplh didn't do much for me until Drew's interference. I dug it from there and had no problems with the the finish.