DVDVR Message Board

¡Raw Es Noche De Parejas Increibles! - 6/25/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Half a god damned hour for that finish. Ugh.  Fuck that IC match.  

In other news...

I think that was supposed to be a Bayley heel turn, but the crowd seemed to just enjoy her beating Sasha to death.  

Kevin and Braun feuding over a rental car insurance claim is going to be fucking amazing. 

• Like 1

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to Raw Es Noche De Parejas Increibles! - 6/25/2018
  • Dolfan in NYC changed the title to ¡Raw Es Noche De Parejas Increibles! - 6/25/2018

I was expecting Ambrose for the save. Who would be McZiggler's partner for the six man tag? Miz would seemingly be the natural choice if he were still on Raw. Corbin, perhaps? I could deal with the The Shield vs. McZiggler & Corbin. Perhaps, a Lashley heel turn. Lashley's Impact work showed he's a better heel. McIntyre, Ziggler, Lashley vs. The Shield. That works for me.

The Authors of Pain need Ellering or someone to talk for them badly.

"Check please!" to Corbin was perfect. 

Did Natty have facial work done? I honestly didn't recognize her when she walked out, despite the cat ears. In other fashion news Mickey's bouffant hairdo was awesomely country-sleazy.

The six-person was pretty great (Ember's low tope was gnarly) and then, good lord, the beatdown. This "councelling" crap is gonna be stupid but that was great. Bayley truly whooped some ass and that crowd was loving it. Then again, they were also loving the main between Superball and Crossfit so hey.  

After watching Alexa Bliss more closely (after the discussion last week) she definitely needs to work on her in ring. Those knee drops were at best a gentle breeze on Nattie's ribs. Natalya hit some good stuff though (she's been pretty good the past few weeks). And Nia is a face again? Whatever. Nobody knows what's going on in that angle. Good to see some progress with Sasha/Bayley though. Hopefully it sticks.

And yeah, that main event was the epitome of WWE style "epic" wrestling. The guys hit all the same moves as they usually do, but this time they're more tired than usual. Snooze. 

• Like 1

I don't get the "counseling" nonsense. Finally it looks like the never-ending Bayley and Sasha tease is actually going somewhere. Then that happens. Kurt Angle is the worst GM in history. Do Balor and Corbin need to do counseling too? Lashley and Roman?

But it was great seeing Bayley finally deliver the well-deserved ass-kicking to Sasha after all Sasha's bullying, and the audience loved it. Was it really that hard to get it done? Should've happened much sooner.

But why is Nia suddenly a face again? Wasn't she just a few weeks ago bullying people, proving Alexa was right about her? What the hell is going on with the writing on this show?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't understand why Kurt needs them to be a team?  He didn't really explain it but the beat down was cool.  Is Bayley a heel?  I don't know.  What's this counseling?  I don't know. 

I wasn't going to do it, but it just ties together so well. I'd be mad at myself if I didn't. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Between Bayley/Sasha, The Constable Baron Corbin, Owens/Braun and even the Mojo promo on TODD, this was a pretty fun episode of Raw.

The Bayley turn was well-done in the sense that she was really laying in some stiff strikes on Banks. Did anyone catch what Bayley said to her on the outside that got bleeped out? I imagine it had to be good. lol

56 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The Authors of Pain need Ellering or someone to talk for them badly.

Ah, just let 'em yell shit that nobody can understand like they're already doing. As long as they beat up everybody in front of them they don't need to touch a mic. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Peck said:

Between Bayley/Sasha, The Constable Baron Corbin, Owens/Braun and even the Mojo promo on TODD, this was a pretty fun episode of Raw.

The Bayley turn was well-done in the sense that she was really laying in some stiff strikes on Banks. Did anyone catch what Bayley said to her on the outside that got bleeped out? I imagine it had to be good. lol

I'm fairly certain it was something along the lines of "you're a bitch" 

51 minutes ago, just drew said:

If they'd let Bayley do that to Alexa a year ago, they'd have a star on their hands.

I really hate to beat a dead horse but I don't think Alexa could have taken the same beating that Sasha just did.  

I thought Bayley said "you're a bitch"  or  "you ain't shit"  

Did anyone else catch the part where the camera was on the booth, Coach was talking then before he finished his statement he just stopped in mid-sentence with no warning, then Corey started talking about something else? Can't remember where it was but it was jarring and really fucking funny. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2