DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules X - 7/15/2018

Dolfan in NYC

Nia/Alexa is an awkward matchup where Nia looks weak in any scenario where the match goes long.  At WrestleMania they probably did the best they could with the formula where Alexa uses a bunch of "hide behind the ref like he's mommy and daddy's fixin to whoop your ass" eye poke crap to control the match. As ridiculous as it looks for Alexa to be on offense for the majority of a match against Nia, it would look even worse if they had a long match where any sustained offense by Nia wasn't enough to finish her off.

9 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Nia/Alexa is an awkward matchup where Nia looks weak in any scenario where the match goes long.  At WrestleMania they probably did the best they could with the formula where Alexa uses a bunch of "hide behind the ref like he's mommy and daddy's fixin to whoop your ass" eye poke crap to control the match. As ridiculous as it looks for Alexa to be on offense for the majority of a match against Nia, it would look even worse if they had a long match where any sustained offense by Nia wasn't enough to finish her off.

I have the solution.  Nia squashes Alexa in two minutes.   Asuka squashes Carmella in two minutes.   Both of them become managers where they'd best be suited. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

WWE had their hottest babyface blow a 3-0 lead and get pinned 5 times in 20 minutes, lol.

I don’t get the people harping on Rollins blowing a “3-0” lead when that third “fall” was a DQ after Drew beat him down. It’s not Dolph outclassed him to come back, he cheated by using Drew to his advantage. 

I think a much more valid criticism is two or three weeks ago, the two of them went 29 minutes without a fall, then suddenly there were, what, five falls in the first twelve minutes?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think a much more valid criticism is two or three weeks ago, the two of them went 29 minutes without a fall, then suddenly there were, what, five falls in the first twelve minutes?

Two downsides to Iron Man/Woman matches, the most important stuff is in the last five minutes and you get pinfalls/submissions with moves you normally wouldn't.

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Two downsides to Iron Man/Woman matches, the most important stuff is in the last five minutes and you get pinfalls/submissions with moves you normally wouldn't.

Which I think would be ok if the announcers played it as “(so and so) tapped out to get out of the hold and they must think they can get that fall back later.” But that would make too much sense...

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I have the solution.  Nia squashes Alexa in two minutes.   Asuka squashes Carmella in two minutes.   Both of them become managers where they'd best be suited. 

That's probably wishful thinking as Asuka will most likely get bumped to the pregame show in some meaningless match against Ellsworth while Charlotte gets the title back from Carmella at Summer Slam.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:25 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I read the report on Wrestlingobserver.com and once I read the recap of Asuka's match, I knew I made the right choice. Not that I should have to justify myself to whoever the fuck you are. I like posting here and sharing with people that are actually cool, unlike you. I hope being a jerk off on a wrestling message board makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Give me my warning now because I know it's coming.

Criticism can be healthy and is needed, no matter the medium. Everyone having the same opinion would be boring. The way some of that criticism is expressed causes frustration because if someone has a different take, it often leads to the second person being belittled. That's not how dialogue works, and I've seen terrible stuff from both sides.

The Asuka situation is maddening not because she's losing to Carmella, because sneaky heel champs win by hook and crook. The anger comes from making Asuka look dumb when Carmella can't even generate the lion's share of her own heat. It's why they brought back Ellsworth, to hopefully give her a new spark. I don't think it's working, as most seem irritated in the wrong way.

One issue I take with how many are crapping on the main event.

Rollins-Ziggler was always going to do precious little for me. But there was a sizeable group who said they not only wanted to see it, but see it close the show. I imagine many in attendance felt that way. But instead of focusing on the match, they started chanting for an onscreen clock. The smart fan concept of they only hijack matches which involve wrestlers they hate is wrong. They claim to love Rollins, and this is what that love got him. 

Personally, I thought the match was bad. And if anyone else feels the same way and they talk about it, then what I'm saying isn't toward them. I'm not saying to cheer for something you don't enjoy. The point is that this overall behavior likely caused harm and when we factor in Vince's already stubborn ways, then what we get is what we get. 

WWE isn't blameless in this, but we need to acknowledge that some of our fellow wrestling lovers don't help the situation.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Their most hardcore fans are trash.  Have been for years.  They cry about Cesaro but they're out there playing with beach balls.  They whine about Rollins and Ziggler but they're out there reacting to a clock ticking down.

Might as well just give the brats what they think they want and turn Reigns heel.

Get the IC title back on Rollins.  Get the Tags on McIntyre/Ziggler.  Slip Reigns over Lashley to punch his ticket to SummerFest and the stage is set...

It's The Big Dog vs. The Beast IV.  Heyman gets the match to be No Holds Barred and it immediately breaks down into a donnybrook if you will.  Lesnar hits the F-5 on Reigns but Rollins runs in and hits the Black Out on Lesnar.  Lesnar recovers and chases Rollins around the ring until Ambrose returns and clobbers Heyman to distract Lesnar.  Spear from the Big Dog sets up a triple powerbomb through one of the commentary desks followed by another triple powerbomb onto the steel steps.  The reunited Shield throws Lesnar back into the ring and hits another triple powerbomb and Reigns puts one foot on Lesnar's chest for the win.

The next night, Ambrose explains that he sat back and watched the ungrateful fans boo The Big Dog for simply working hard and they distracted Rollins during his iron man match and that injustice was unacceptable and that the entire WWE Universe was on notice and that he was feeling naked surrounded by IC Champ Rollins and Universal Champ Reigns and that the other champions were going to get served a dose of justice real soon.  Reigns says he sent Brock back to MMA and he'll do the same thing to Bob and if Strowman is thinking about cashing in on him, he better think better and take those hands and just stick them in his pockets and shuffle away.

McIntyre and Ziggler are asked about The Shield calling out all the champs and McIntyre goes on the offensive and challenges them to a tag title match tonight on Raw with Ziggler looking annoyed by this.  Ambrose and Reigns answer the challenge and when it looks like Reigns has Ziggler beat, Strowman's music hits and The Monster Among Men enters briefcase in hand and he smacks Rollins away in the aisle but Reigns exits before he can get those hands.

The next night on 205 Live (!?!), The Shield interfere in Cedric Alexander's match and triple powerbomb him through a table and steal his belt.  Alexander gets stretchered out.

Next week on Raw, Angle meets with Drake Maverick and The Shield.  Ambrose is wearing the Cruiserweight belt.  Maverick explains that Alexander can't be cleared for action for a couple of weeks due to The Shield's attack and he demands that Ambrose return the belt and doesn't even understand why he wants it cause he's not a cruiserweight.  Ambrose accuses him of fat shaming.  Reigns says he's looking real jacked, baby.  Rollins says Ambrose should sue for slander but Ambrose doesn't do lawsuits cause of all the paperwork but justice will be served and The Shield stomp out Maverick.  As they walk away, Reigns says he hasn't forgotten about Angle stretching out his vest.

Backstage, Strowman is asked about his attempt at cashing in, blah blah these hands, etc. The Shield attack with lead pipes and decimate Strowman's knee and dump him into a dumpster and Reigns takes Strowman's MITB briefcase.

McIntyre wants another match with The Shield.  Ziggler doesn't and walks out during the match.  Ambrose and Reigns win the tag titles over a game McIntyre.  The Shield stand triumphant holding all of the red brand's trophies with The Big Dog as a dual champion and also possessing Strowman's MITB case.  Now the WWE Universe is going to learn what it really feels like to get someone shoved down their throat.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3