DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules X - 7/15/2018

Dolfan in NYC

The KO bump was done as a “tribute” to the Foley bump which was 20 years ago in the same city (possibly the same building).

At least that is their reasoning

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The KO bump was done as a “tribute” to the Foley bump which was 20 years ago in the same city (possibly the same building).

I guess that's technically right, since the parking lot for the PPG Paints Arena is where the Civic Arena used to be.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

He also did a stunner, and a DX chop. He was doing a 1998 tribute.

Nakamura with the fist to the nads... Orton with the stomp to one-up him.

What's next? Pillman-izing the scrotum? Do we recycle the battery cables? Wiffle-ball bat? 

This feud has endless possibilities. 

• Haha 3

Someone said it earlier, but it bears repeating: Alexa needs more flunkies for Ronda to bust up while Alexa does that great facial expression where she realizes she's in trouble at ringside. I might would've had Nattie turn on Nia tonight and had her join Mickie and Lex. Maybe Lex co-op's the Riott Squad full time while Ruby is out. Then do the switch at the Rumble. Ronda is Champ. Charlotte wins the Rumble. You get your female main event at Mania. Seems simple. So let's see how they screw it up...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

How about they donate some of that Fox money to concussion research instead of sacrificing the next generation's portly victim?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What's the last great (or even good) title match in either women's division outside of the Charlotte/Asuka deal? 

I enjoyed Ronda/Nia. Haven't been especially wowed by any of the Smackdown title matches since Charlotte lost the title. 

Just now, Jamal said:

I enjoyed Ronda/Nia. Haven't been especially wowed by any of the Smackdown title matches since Charlotte lost the title. 

Ronda/Nia was solid.  I honestly can't remember another one for at least the past year.  There's been a few really good non-title matches.  

6 hours ago, Peck said:

Nakamura with the fist to the nads... Orton with the stomp to one-up him.

What's next? Pillman-izing the scrotum? Do we recycle the battery cables? Wiffle-ball bat? 

This feud has endless possibilities. 

Tommy Dreamer is going to tutor Jeff in how to experience ever-increasing genital trauma.

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

So did his wife negotiate a higher financial payoff for the match like Mick's wife Colette allegedly did? I mean seriously I hope they gave him a big fat bonus with at least five 0's on it for that.

Oh good, a crowd has figured out a way to ruin yet another thing in wrestling.  Welcome to a lifetime of iron man matches having every minute counted down.  WHAT?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What's the last great (or even good) title match in either women's division outside of the Charlotte/Asuka deal? 

I thought both Alexa/Nia matches were pretty good at WM & Backlash, and the Chamber if that counts. Other than that, probably back to the Alexa/Sasha series last August as there wasn't a whole lot going on in the late part of the year there. For SDL, Charlotte/Ruby at fastLane.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

IMO, we're not going to have good or great title matches until they get a few people out of the title scene (both current champions, for starters).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, just drew said:

Someone said it earlier, but it bears repeating: Alexa needs more flunkies for Ronda to bust up while Alexa does that great facial expression where she realizes she's in trouble at ringside. I might would've had Nattie turn on Nia tonight and had her join Mickie and Lex. Maybe Lex co-op's the Riott Squad full time while Ruby is out. Then do the switch at the Rumble. Ronda is Champ. Charlotte wins the Rumble. You get your female main event at Mania. Seems simple. So let's see how they screw it up...

Hasn't Nattie tapped Alexa out twice since WrestleMania? There's your Summerslam fuck finish right there. Nattie, jealous that she got passed over for a title shot, costs Ronda the match whether it's a simple DQ as Ronda is putting the armbar on or if it's a triple threat, all Nattie has to do is either impede or incapacitate her long enough to not be involved with the finish.

Nia/Alexa is an awkward matchup where Nia looks weak in any scenario where the match goes long.  At WrestleMania they probably did the best they could with the formula where Alexa uses a bunch of "hide behind the ref like he's mommy and daddy's fixin to whoop your ass" eye poke crap to control the match. As ridiculous as it looks for Alexa to be on offense for the majority of a match against Nia, it would look even worse if they had a long match where any sustained offense by Nia wasn't enough to finish her off.

9 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Nia/Alexa is an awkward matchup where Nia looks weak in any scenario where the match goes long.  At WrestleMania they probably did the best they could with the formula where Alexa uses a bunch of "hide behind the ref like he's mommy and daddy's fixin to whoop your ass" eye poke crap to control the match. As ridiculous as it looks for Alexa to be on offense for the majority of a match against Nia, it would look even worse if they had a long match where any sustained offense by Nia wasn't enough to finish her off.

I have the solution.  Nia squashes Alexa in two minutes.   Asuka squashes Carmella in two minutes.   Both of them become managers where they'd best be suited. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1