DVDVR Message Board

Extreme Rules X - 7/15/2018

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm so glad I skipped this show and watched Inglorious Basterds again. 

I love posts like this after every show.

11:15 and you already know enough about a show you didn't watch to know that it was a good decision not to watch it, and even though you didn't watch it, you did need to immediately let the internet know what a good decision you made by not watching the thing that we watched. 

Cool story.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If Kane had a legit broken ankle, couldn't they have a) slotted in an underdog babyface to run out and tag with DB, like Tye, to eat the pin but be elevated for doing the right thing or b) have a heel come out to presumeably help DB but eventually leave him to take a beating and the loss, like Almas or Orton, to kickstart a new fued and let the BBs move on to the other SDL tag teams??

• Like 2

I woke up right when Asuka was getting retribution on Ellsworth however it took me a minute to realize the match was already over. I was busy during the rest of the show and just had it on in the background. Shouldn't McIntyre's repeated attacks have earned multiple disqualifications?

• Like 1

Just now, FluffSnackwell said:

I woke up right when Asuka was getting retribution on Ellsworth however it took me a minute to realize the match was already over. I was busy during the rest of the show and just had it on in the background. Shouldn't McIntyre's repeated attacks have earned multiple disqualifications?

I'm pretty sure got falls 2 and 3 from Drew Mac interference?

23 minutes ago, Jimmy Trump said:

I love posts like this after every show.

11:15 and you already know enough about a show you didn't watch to know that it was a good decision not to watch it, and even though you didn't watch it, you did need to immediately let the internet know what a good decision you made by not watching the thing that we watched. 

Cool story.  Thanks for sharing.

I read the report on Wrestlingobserver.com and once I read the recap of Asuka's match, I knew I made the right choice. Not that I should have to justify myself to whoever the fuck you are. I like posting here and sharing with people that are actually cool, unlike you. I hope being a jerk off on a wrestling message board makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Give me my warning now because I know it's coming.

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

-It’s established canon that Kane can heal a broken ankle by stomping his foot, so clearly he was sandbagging Bryan, or his political aspirations have somehow made him more human. Usually it’s the opposite, but. 

-AJ is the best possible default champion, to the point that it almost looks like the belt is part of his entrance gear. But Rusev being crowned as the new beefy immigrant American hero in Bruno’s home town would have been pretty special. Didn’t expect it, though, and the match was good.

-Asuka may as well challenge AJ next, since she ends up having to fight men anyway. 

-I liked Nakamura’s match better than the main.

• Like 1

Ellsworth is a man? Does Howard Stern still have the wack pack because Ellsworth seems dangerously close.....to somebody that would've been rejected from even that distinguished organization. If Vince was this obsessed with trotting out unconventional looking human specimen back in the Eighties, Hogan would've worked a program with Michael Berryman.

• Like 1

Almas/Sin Cara was a nice little match. New Day/Sanity was fun while it lasted.

It was nice to see B Team win. I really hope they get destroyed for the belts soon by Revival or AoP.

Asuka/Carmella sucked. So did Nia/Alexa outside Nia press slamming Alexa into a garbage can and Ronda's interference.

Braun/Owens was fun until the unnecessary cage toss finish. That was kind of overkill.

BB vs. Bryan/Kane was nice while it lasted. Don't see why Kane couldn't take the pin.

I kind of love Nakamura just low blowing Jeff right before the belt and hitting Kinshasha for the win. I didn't love Randy Orton coming back right after.

Roman/Lashley was pretty good, possibly MOTN.

AJ/Rusev was really good by the end. I dug the focus on Rusev's leg and how it played into the match as it went on.

Seth/Ziggler had no business being the main event, but was generally ok.

The Asuka match would've been better had Carmella gotten in the ring the moment Asuka got done killing the ring crew instead of Asuka standing there stalling for time waiting for Mella to get in the ring to shove her into the cage. 

26 minutes ago, FluffSnackwell said:

Ellsworth is a man? Does Howard Stern still have the wack pack because Ellsworth seems dangerously close.....to somebody that would've been rejected from even that distinguished organization. If Vince was this obsessed with trotting out unconventional looking human specimen back in the Eighties, Hogan would've worked a program with Michael Berryman.

Someone needs to show Vince Tod Browning's "Freaks" ASAP. Ellsworth is perfect to be singing "We accept her, we accept her. One of us, one of us. Gooba-gobble, gooba-gobble." If Cass hadn't been fired, he would have been perfect to be castrated like Hercules in the original ending while Carmella is turned into the human duck. Jinder would also be acceptable in the Hercules role.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was pleasantly surprised that The B Team won. Like all their victories, it came off what looked like a random move. I don't think they have a team finisher. I love how they just keep winning in "wow, they won" fashion.

James Ellsworth is amazing. I can't hate the guy. Carmella is equally as great. I wonder how long they can run with her winning in this fashion and claiming to be the greatest woman in the WWE.

That chokeslam off the cage was so unnecessary but at the same time it's like if Braun doesn't try to cash in tomorrow, they are gonna blow a golden opportunity with him. But God, I hope Owens got a nice bonus for that. I guess they're gonna show that clip from now on instead of Foley being thrown off the cell.

Nakamura winning how he did had me laughing my ass off. And then Randy comes out and shows him how to really give someone a nut shot. So random...but hilarious. 

Nia/Alexa was a terrible match as most of these "extreme" rules matches are. I wish Alexis had a whole stable of flunkies so she could make Ronda run the gambit in order to face her. But I guess we're gonna get them at Summerslam or maybe a 3 way with Nia. 

I really wish they would stop dicking us around with Rusev. I mean if they don't care about the title and it's standing in the company, what's the harm of having him win? People buy his shirts. Usually if someone was making you money...you would reward them accordingly. I want to see a rematch at Summerslam. Though I'm not sure who else they would have in mind to face AJ.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Fucking fuck that stupid motherfucking crowd. All night they were shit, but the waited until the main event to show they were the all time worst.

They're still better than the post-WM crowd that was chanting "You Suck (Name of Female Wrestler's Significant Other)" to the women in their post-Mania RAW Match

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Fucking fuck that stupid motherfucking crowd. All night they were shit, but the waited until the main event to show they were the all time worst.

Cold product. Iron-man clock. Tired fans. Overly-long show. 

Rollins and Ziggler were fine. But they walked into a Perfect Storm of suck.

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

If Kane had a legit broken ankle, couldn't they have a) slotted in an underdog babyface to run out and tag with DB, like Tye, to eat the pin but be elevated for doing the right thing or b) have a heel come out to presumeably help DB but eventually leave him to take a beating and the loss, like Almas or Orton, to kickstart a new fued and let the BBs move on to the other SDL tag teams??

Miz was RIGHT THERE!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sydneybrown said:

I never want to see someone thrown off (or jump off) a cage again.  It's been done enough times now that the risk isn't worth the reward.  Just cringe-worthy.

Also leaning towards this. Instead of the chokeslam from the top of the cage to the outside announce table, what if Braun had choke slammed KO from the top just back into the center of the ring? Isn't that a wayyyyy safer bump to take? I'm genuinely asking as I have never taken a bump. If so I feel like you could have gotten to the same finish in a much safer way while still getting all the same visuals with the big fall and crash, monster Braun on top of the cage (swatting at an indoor blimp like he was Godzilla). I saw a gif of the wide angle and someone posted you could 'see the airbags' inflate as he crashed; whatever. 

I went to the Cow Palace show last week and saw Hiromu break his neck. Last night I went to my local indy and watched two 5'1" dudes close line and take snap bumps on the outside of the ring (in front of 50 people, it was terrible). In all of these matches they could have tweaked the spots, even just slightly, and they all could have told the same stories.  

10 minutes ago, BNosanchuk said:

Also leaning towards this. Instead of the chokeslam from the top of the cage to the outside announce table, what if Braun had choke slammed KO from the top just back into the center of the ring? Isn't that a wayyyyy safer bump to take? I'm genuinely asking as I have never taken a bump. If so I feel like you could have gotten to the same finish in a much safer way while still getting all the same visuals with the big fall and crash, monster Braun on top of the cage (swatting at an indoor blimp like he was Godzilla). I saw a gif of the wide angle and someone posted you could 'see the airbags' inflate as he crashed; whatever. 

Owens bump was completely unnecessary. A bump in the ring would have been much safer, airbags or not the risk involved in what he did there was off the charts and got an audible "OH FUCK" out of me (I was by myself). I hope Owens is ok, that bump was on par with Shane and Foley's cage bumps. Did it look great? Yes. I'm still kind of in disbelief that it happened though. The balls on that guy 

I'm not really a fan of crowds shitting on matches randomly, but Rollins vs Ziggler is basically my idea of hell, so... Whatever.

Goddamn, though, Styles and Rusev were fucking awesome.

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm not really a fan of crowds shitting on matches randomly, but Rollins vs Ziggler is basically my idea of hell, so... Whatever.

Goddamn, though, Styles and Rusev were fucking awesome.

I did joke it was a Three Stages of Hell match ;).